Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dension MP3 player

I very close to buying one of these machines - especially now there's a discount in gold for it (hint hint everybody!!).

I seem to remember that someone here has one - could whoever that is please tell me the exact dimensions of the satellite unit - I need to know if I've got anywhere to mount it.

Thanks

Rodders,

The satellite head is approx 4.5" x 1.75" x 1.25" (w x h x d), and you need about the length again in front to slide it in and out of the permanently mounted car bay. Take a look at the installation pictures at the link below. I would suggest, however, if you are able, mount it IN the boot, rather than under the floor. This will help with air flow and keep the unit within its operating temp range.

Let me know if you need any further information?

Paul

Originally posted by Grangey

Rodders,

The satellite head is approx 4.5" x 1.75" x 1.25" (w x h x d), and you need about the length again in front to slide it in and out of the permanently mounted car bay. Take a look at the installation pictures at the link below. I would suggest, however, if you are able, mount it IN the boot, rather than under the floor. This will help with air flow and keep the unit within its operating temp range.

Let me know if you need any further information?

Paul

Thanks Paul - I was after the sizes of the display gizmo - the bit you have to mount on or around the dash 9sorry - I thought that was the satellite unit). The HDD unit will go in the boot no probs,

Originally posted by Grangey

Sorry - conflicting info!! Those ARE the dimensions of the satellite head unit. This goes in the car for you to 'twiddle' with. The other unit is about a third LONGER than an IDE hard drive, and a little wider.

Hope it helps.......

Helps a lot - thanks Paul:bounce:

Originally posted by Rodders_UK

In fact - I've decided that I'm gonna order one tomorrow:bounce:

Excellent!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do - that kind of choice in your car is fantastic! In fact, take a look at the SliMP3 on http://www.ihavetohave.it, too. You can run this in ANY room in your house that has a CAT5 network cable, and play your MP3's through that - I'm gonna get rid of my CD's and player (or at least put them somewhere out of the way) - who needs them??

let me know how you get on - it'll be good to talk to another owner. I have a few pieces of software that you will find invaluable. Remember to check the forums on Ihavetohave.it, too!!

Thanks Paul - I really apreciate your help and support.

I'm gonna order today and probably install at the weekend - I've got a spare 80GB drive here, so I'm going to use that. I'm thinking that I'll probably encode everything at 256K - disc is pretty cheap and I want the best quality possible.

I see that Dension are planning an interface to the CD changer too - might be worth a look if they develop a Pioneer unit that's compatible, but for now I'm going to use the FM modulator.

Cheers mate.

Yeh, Lee @ ihavetohave.it says that integration to the head units is coming on, and we may get one for the Lex sometime soon. They have to buy the heads first, so they will always go to the mass markets first. Integration would be better than the FM modulator, but the modulator is good enough on its own. I could always send my stereo off to them, so that they could develop a connection for it, but its expensive if it goes wrong!!

• 1 month later...

i was wondering - i have a 1 year old kenwood m9031 + Dmask MP3 head unit on my nissan primera, and when i had a look at my new lexus, there doesnt seem to be enough place to fit a new head unit, save to get rid of the cd player and cassete tape unit from teh fact fit on the lexus.

I wonder what would ideally be a decent-great CD MP3/Tuner +/- 6 CD MP3 changer to fit on the lexus.

Thoughts, anyone?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links