Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stone Chipping

:angry: Hi,does anyone out there no if the paint on the bonnet and front panels by lights is particulary thing as rest of paint on car is spot on but for some reason every day i see new chips on it and there are no new road surfaces or road works around here, the car is an 02 is 200,as i say the rest of the car has excellent condition paint work. Have had the car 2 months and there were no chippings when bought,could it have had a cheap blow over on the front ? It was bought from an official Lexus dealer in Bromley, i am just wondering if anyone else has had similar probs,

Thanks, Phil.

Yes mate. Quite a few people have had the same problem. I think its an overall problem of Lexus. There has been a few threads on this. I'll have a look for some links for you ;)

Yes mate. Quite a few people have had the same problem. I think its an overall problem of Lexus. There has been a few threads on this. I'll have a look for some links for you ;)

Thanks for that,cheers,much appreciated,

Phil.

Lovely wheels on yours,also is it much of a job to remove :pre cats: and does it effect immisions for mot,

regards Phil.

Lovely wheels on yours,also is it much of a job to remove :pre cats: and does it effect immisions for mot,

regards Phil.

Precats was done by a garage in Charlesworth. Didn't take long But its a top garage. Emisions should be fine as the main cat is still there. Just need to "warm" the car up first.

I got a monster stone chip 2 months after I bought my last IS.

I had a proper bonnet respray and then had Armourfend fitted across the bonnet.

I kept it for nearly 3 years and never got another chip. Well worth it.

Have a look here

Depends which parts you want it applied to.

I had bonnet, front wing tips, headlights, foglights and wing-mirrors, I think.

Total all in was just over £200. Done while I waited.

Sounds a bit steep, but I just sold that car and it still had immaculate paint work.

First viewer bought it.

I think it paid for itself in the resale.

Matt

I'm guessing that it only covers the front half of the bonnet. Do you end up with a visible line where the covering ends, or does it remain invisible?

I'm guessing that it only covers the front half of the bonnet. Do you end up with a visible line where the covering ends, or does it remain invisible?

Not even that!!!! Its probably only the first 6 inches of bonnet thats protected!!

But at the end of the day thats where all the stone-chips would be.

There is obviously going to be an edge. It depends on car colour how visible it is.

I had Platinum Ice - it was virtually invisible - you had to know it was there.

I think darker colours will show up more.

Heres my old IS that had it on Clicky

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links