Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The front nearside caliper on the car keeps sticking. We've (err, well my husband) has sorted it out once, but it's doing it again, so think I definitely need to replace it.

What are my options - do I have to get it from Lexus and can I replace one or is it best to do them both at the same time?

Thanks!

Oh, that's good if I can - is it easy to do? I know the caliper is sticking (seizing?), but if a seal kit will work it sounds the better option to replacing it.

I take it it's easily ordered from Lexus?

have a look on buy and sell i noticed someone selling a caliper repair kit on there there are alot of places that do a refurb caliper and cash for your old caliper too

Just called Lexus and apparently there are 2 caliper repair kits, one for all the seals etc and one for the pistons. Not sure which I'd need to go for but presumably with it (front n/s) seizing it'd be the piston?

With the kits, is it fairly straightforward to sort it out myself (well, with a responsible grown-up accompanying me!) or do I need to go to a garage.

Have had an online quote for a used caliper (not sure if it's been refurbed) at £94, what would it cost for a new one and am I ok to replace one and not the other?

Thanks.

Hi,

Out of interest how much are the repair kits to buy from Lexus?

It should be cheaper to buy just the piston kit compared to the full kit.

Is the repair kit for both calipers? or can you just buy the kit per side?

Just buy the kit for one side if they sale it.

Id say just the piston repair kit will be fine as its the piston seals on most cars that cause problems.If theres not alot of price difference between the kits buy the full set if your planning on keeping the car,you have some spares then.

Good luck.

Cheers chips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links