Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hp Ipaq 1910 Pocket Pc

DAZA_W

i know we have had loads of talks on the sat/nav stuff but managed to get me one on the cheap :whistling: :winky:

HP iPAQ 1910 Pocket PC

tom tom 3 already installed BUT dont know what the hell to do with it managed to download the speed cameras etc but can you actualy get it to warn you one is coming rather then putting just a little pic on the screen :duh:

postcodes it has the first half of the post codes but not the last part how do i upgrade this realy could do with this a list of websites to d/load from would be great

i have the pocket gps website but there p/code bit has been took of :blink: any help would be nice

cheers

daz

hi what exactly can and cant you do.

For the speed camera warnings, you need to activate the POI (properities, POI, tick the box) and you'll also want to download Checkpoint - you can find it through the TomTom website.

As for postcodes, there was a patch, but it has been pulled, I will see if i have the original installation i can post for you.

hi what exactly can and cant you do.

For the speed camera warnings, you need to activate the POI (properities, POI, tick the box) and you'll also want to download Checkpoint - you can find it through the TomTom website.

As for postcodes, there was a patch, but it has been pulled, I will see if i have the original installation i can post for you.

i can use the navigator but not brill because of the p/codes i have activated poi but it just shows you them i wondered if you could get it to warn you that you was aproaching one

checkpoint? noy to sure what you mean it has a start and and finish

there is a program called checkPOInt, that is a POI warner - so it will sound an alarm when you approach a camera, its a pain, and a hassle to set up, i will have a look for a link for you...

yeah, as i said, its a hassle

you need to go into the checkPOInt program, and set the warnings for the overlay... i had to register on the web and let it synch its database with my pda before it actually worked..

Daz,

Cant answer your question myself as i dont have an ipaq, but if you get stuck this place might be worth checking out :)

The forums are huge and cover just about everything. I'm sure there will be someone there who knows the answers. There's plenty of other cool stuff around the site (not just in the forums)

I've uploaded the zip file to Here

(please wait 10 mins, as right now, its still uploading!)

You need to unzip, run setup, but then I think (if i remember correctly) you need to manually move the files over to the PDA, and add the EXE file to the start menu.

Then you just run the Postcode program, input the full postcode, and hit 'navigate to', it will load TomTOm for you.

help needed the program is there it is on the storage cardif i run it it from the storage card it works fine but how do i put it on the start menu

when i put it there through the pc i click on it the program starts the it say installation error ukpostcode.dat not found in the exe folder

i havew the ukpostcode.dat file but lord nows were i put it :duh: :blush:

I would reccomend putting both the EXE and DAT file in the same folder on the 'main memory', rather than the storage card.

Just go into 'file explorer', and new directory, make directory - use your PC to copy the files over...

For putting it in the start menu, ON THE PDA - click and hold (for the menu) select copy... Then, still using the file explorer on the PDA - go to 'my device' (top level) then Windows/start menu/programs..

Press and hold, and 'paste shortcut'

It will now show in your programs folder

(if you want it on the start menu, just do as above at Windows/start menu )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links