Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is

I think its a massive improvement on the old one.

first thing I notice now when I get in an IS is the interior.

lots of black plastic, and the dials are looking dated.

this is a lot better.

gearstick does look a touch cheap in that pic - but wait and see - that could be a bad photo of a nice knob ( :blush:)

Right, I have 'found' a picture of what the REAL Right hand drive UK version of the New IS looks like, unlike SF's poor artist's impression. PS- as you can tell from the sticker above the glove compartment, this is the genuine article....

:whistling:

post-7983-1119371176.jpg

i personally cant stand the interior - i think it looks cheap and nasty. i really cant see why anyone says it looks nice??! and that gearstick - omg how cheap!!

the only thing that I like about it is the new dials

sorry but I am not convinced at all :( :crybaby:

I got two in the post :D Mainly because I've registered interest for the new IS with two dealers so I can play one off against the other when it comes to doing a deal on the new motor. :driving:

I must admit that overall I do like the new car and reading the specs the car should be very good. But putting VDIM on the diesel and not the petrol, what's that all about!

And don't even get me started on that gearstick. I'm praying the final version will have something better than the Vauxhall Astra parts reject. I don't know what Lexus are thinking, something as insignificant as the gearstick could actually turn a lot of people off the car, myself included. Although to be honest if I don't have the IS I will start being more thrifty and get myself a GS or RX!

What is it with the fake wood stuff down the centre. I hate it. I have it in my Merc and I hate it in that too. It just looks tacky, why can't they give us some carbon fibre or brushed aluminium instead of fake wood. I thought the car was only going to be available in auto apart from the diesels. So is that pic from a diesel, and that gear knob, definitely awful. looks like its from a 1987 ford fiesta.

My guess is, that the pic comes from IS250 with manual gearbox - that would also be my personal pick of the outcoming modifications.

But that's not what I saw in the picture.

The real surprise for me is that there's a REAL (old school) handbrake - no button, no leg-push handbrake - but a proper "tilt it up" handbrake - and I LOVE IT (people drivin in winter time now why B) )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links