Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx300 Headlight Replacement

Not 100% sure, but when I had the parking light bulb changed the guy had to remove the wheel arch plastic panel to gain access.

I tried myself before taking it to him.

Have to replace them again as 1 is dead

I can see that this would help gain access to the lower part of the headlight to get to the bulb, but I'm not sure it helps to get the whole headlight unit out... it would appear to need to come out of the front of the car.

Thanks for the input - I appreciate it. I undid the one large bolt and the screw into the small grille and I could budge it a bit. I don't see any other retaining screws from the top but there is a big lip on the bottom of the light that needs to clear the bumper somehow. Removing the inner fender may give me some clues as to what else may be holding it in. Let me know if you find anything else out. Cheers!

Sorry that was just part of it, will check it for you

Might need to loosen some bolts at the top, and at the bottom

and it should pop out

Okay, finally went ahead and figured it out. Yes, getting behind the splashguard wheel well is necessary to get to the two outside bolts and removing the parking light bulb. Also removed the front lower grille. Learning from the one side, I limited the number of bolts I had to remove in the spashguard and was able to replace the second light in about 20 minutes. It's daunting until you understand the method. Thanks for the initial insight!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links