Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1999 Altezza (rpm)

shabab25

shababkhans@hotmail.com

i drive this 99 altezza Yamaha Tuned 3S-G2 Engine ...i have developed this problem rescently...the rpm falls down to zero while running and the car halts ...the engine stops...it occurs at around six to seven time per day and gets started instantly most of the time but it takes time occasionaly(at evey speed) ...it doesn't heat up or anything....what could the problem be and what could the solution be?

Check, Coils packs, Spark plugs, clean your MAF sensor and also check out the o2 Sensor.

One of those might be the culprit, failing that i'd have the car checked on engine diagnoses.

Check, Coils packs, Spark plugs, clean your MAF sensor and also check out the o2 Sensor.

One of those might be the culprit, failing that i'd have the car checked on engine diagnoses.

whats the MAF and the O2 sensor and where are they located?

O2 sensors monitor the CO content of the exhaust emmisions, it is located in the manifold.

the MAF sensor is located ontop of the elbow, from the airbox, the the throttle, it monitors the airflow into the engine

O2 sensors monitor the CO content of the exhaust emmisions, it is located in the manifold.

the MAF sensor is located ontop of the elbow, from the airbox, the the throttle,  it monitors the airflow into the engine

its still the same. i got the engine diaognised right now, and the report says everything is alright. whever i take my foor off the gas, as the car slows down the rpm goes down the car shakes a bit and the engine stops.

it started after i changed my clutch disc, cover and flywheel.

is it a lightweight flywheel.

yes trd lightweight flywheel. the clutch cover and disc are also from trd.

with the lightweight flywheel, and idle problem that may have been masked before will now come to the fore.

who did the diagnostic tests

The stalling will defo be either the MAF or o2 sensor. 

Uneven idling is the lightweight flywheel as Mat says.

so what should i do with the flywheel? i just bought the car, and i dont have much idea about cars. thank you all for helping me

Odd... i don't have idling issues with the TRD lightweight flywheel...

I do have idling problems with the blitz BOV, but thats nothing strange!

ah...

do they have the correct equipment for reading the faults, there are a few Altezza's in the uk with LFW which dont stall.

is regular servicing carried out, were any wires,connections disterbed when the gearbox was removed

ah...

do they have the correct equipment for reading the faults, there are a few Altezza's in the uk with LFW which dont stall.

is regular servicing carried out, were any wires,connections disterbed when the gearbox was removed

i basically dont understand the equiptments they use to diaognize. i dont know if any wires were disturbed because i wasnt present when they removed the gearbox.

will the idling problem damage my flywheel?

nope the idle wont damage the problem.

get them to check if not change....

the O2 sensor and the MAF sensor, .......

They should also be able to adjust the idle point with the diagnostics aswell, but i would get them to change the items ive mentioned above

nope the idle wont damage the problem.

get them to check if not change....

the O2 sensor and the MAF sensor, .......

They should also be able to adjust the idle point with the diagnostics aswell, but i would get them to change the items ive mentioned above

altezza's spare parts are not available in bangladesh. i myself import everything from japan. so by saying the O2 sensor and the MAF sensor will be enough to the japanese guys?

thanks Mat for helping me out here.

Idling will defo be a duff o2 sensor. I had the same problem.

Adjusting idle once that's replaced (as Mat suggests) is easy on a Tezza and we can show you/tell you how to do it.

Idling will defo be a duff o2 sensor.  I had the same problem.

Adjusting idle once that's replaced (as Mat suggests) is easy on a Tezza and we can show you/tell you how to do it.

Zee007, no offence but i really dont understand what your saying. "Idling will defo be a duff o2 sensor", can u pls explain this sentence?

"Adjusting idle once that's replaced", you mean after replacing the O2 and the MAF sensor?

sorry guys im not that good in english. thank you guys for being so patient.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links