Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Window Down Causing Vibration Within Car

Hi all, we have had our RX300SE for 6 months and love the car BUT! when one of the back windows are down and the car is going about 30-40mph, we get a SEVERE vibration in the car in our ears. I thought it was just me, but anyone in the passenger seats feel it, as does my hubby when driving. Does anyone know what this is, or should I be contacting LEXUS for a possible fault. It is so bad, I cant have the windows down. I think it happens with the front windows too. I know we have a sunroof, but sometimes I want the window - thoughts guys please!

Just disrupted air flow over the car causing pressure changes in the cabin.

Nothing you can do about it other than trying fitting those plastic things around the window which may help.

Nothing you can do about it other than trying fitting those plastic things around the window which may help.

Hi MAc, thanks for the fast reply - but why have I never had this with any other car?

Depends on body shape and aerodynamics I suppose, sometimes if you have say the fronts full open and the just slightly open the rears it helps, or just two windows so try different combinations :D

Hi MAc, thanks for the fast reply - but why have I never had this with any other car?

Mac's right - you will have to try different settings on each window to minimize the noise. Mine has ' those plastic things around the windows' and they do help- to a degree. They are good for 5-10cm but when they are right down they wont help much. Save your money!

Have the same problem,

I just tend to drive with both windows in front

Will try and see what happens when it is just the windows at the back.

Will try tomorrow

and get back to you

In the mean time happy motoring :driving:

Have the same problem,

I just tend to drive with both windows in front

Will try and see what happens when it is just the windows at the back.

Will try tomorrow

and get back to you

In the mean time happy motoring :driving:

Hi, thanks! Will definately need the either the windows down or the aircon on with the current heatwave!! Happy weekend.

Hi all, we have had our RX300SE for 6 months and love the car BUT!  when one of the back windows are down and the car is going about 30-40mph, we get a SEVERE vibration in the car in our ears.  I thought it was just me, but anyone in the passenger seats feel it, as does my hubby when driving.  Does anyone know what this is, or should I be contacting LEXUS for a possible fault.  It is so bad, I cant have the windows down.  I think it happens with the front windows too.  I know we have a sunroof, but sometimes I want the window - thoughts guys please!

It is quite a common thing it happens in my ladys peugeot 206 aswell.

Annoying as hell untill you work out the correct combination of windows open and shut etc.

• 2 years later...
Only happens when the off side windows are open

Worse when only the rear.

But if opposite window is open it cancels out

Hope this helps

You are not alone out there :ph34r:

This also happens in my 2000 GS400. I just try to equalize the pressure with a front window on the opposite side.

Cheers,

Doc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links