Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stalling At Junctions When Warm

Scottie

I have just become the proud owner of a LS400 P reg. When I purchased it the car ran perfect. On the first long run - Cambs to A1 / M25 junction as I stopped for the traffic lights the engine revs died away to nothing and I had to restart the car. I have had it to several Lexus / Toyota deales who cannot trace the fault as they cannot get it to replicate although since I have had the car (2 months) it does it to me on a regular basis. I did have 2 oxygen sensors replaced which were diagnosed as faulty.

I have noticed that it does not fault as described if I switch on the air conditioning which boosts the revs.

I am currently 'working with!' the garage I purchased it from to resolve the problem but they are becoming difficult as no one apart from me appears to be able to replicate the fault - I have witnesses to the numerous events!

I think my next course of action is to suggest the throttle position sensor and clean up of throttle body!

Any suggestions for a new member please!!!

I Definitely agree, same thing occurred to me and after Lexus changed 2 sensors..................throttle body and sensor was the fault.

Many thanks for the speedyresponses. The attached web link is also interesting! I will be pursuing both solutions (throttle body and sensor and also the ECM) with the garage over the next month and will post result.

Link: - http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=15699

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with my 94 LS. I'm taking your possible solutions to my garage and we'll see what happens... :winky:

djp

Problem solved! My garage checked out the throttle body and declared it "filthy". Now cleaned out and everything is running smoothly. I was advised to put the car in neutral when stopped, rather than keeping her in Drive. Hadn't done that before in eight years of driving autos, but it ain't that hard to get used to.

Two other comments:-

1. I was given the use of a 98 BMW 520i manual for the day. Nice car to drive (v. comfortable seats and roomy cockpit) but I wasn't impressed with the stick shift - not as smooth or precise as I'd've assumed. And the interior is rather gloomy IMO. Glad to get back into the Lexus afterwards.

2. I saw my old LS (which I traded in 3 months ago) still running well. At least it wasn't pulling a horsebox... :)

djp

• 1 month later...
I have just become the proud owner of a LS400 P reg. When I purchased it the car ran perfect. On the first long run - Cambs to A1 / M25 junction as I stopped for the traffic lights the engine revs died away to nothing and I had to restart the car. I have had it to several Lexus / Toyota deales who cannot trace the fault as they cannot get it to replicate although since I have had the car (2 months) it does it to me on a regular basis. I did have 2 oxygen sensors replaced which were diagnosed as faulty.

I have noticed that it does not fault as described if I switch on the air conditioning which boosts the revs.

I am currently 'working with!' the garage I purchased it from to resolve the problem but they are becoming difficult as no one apart from me appears to be able to replicate the fault - I have witnesses to the numerous events!

I think my next course of action is to suggest the throttle position sensor and clean up of throttle body!

Any suggestions for a new member please!!!

Had the throttle body cleaned and EMU relating to the air conditioning replaced (see the same problem reported on the American lexus club site where often the cause is identified asthe emu.) This has worked and car now runs a treat. recommend that anyonefacing this problem 1) has throttle body cleaned and then if necessary 2) replace EMU.

Overall very pleased with market deeping Motors and dave for sticking in there with me and fixing the problem over a 4 month period all at their expense.

Had the throttle body cleaned and EMU relating to the air conditioning replaced (see the same problem reported on the American lexus club site where often the cause is identified asthe emu.) This has worked and car now runs a treat. recommend that anyonefacing this problem 1) has throttle body cleaned and then if necessary 2) replace EMU.

Overall very pleased with market deeping Motors and dave for sticking in there with me and fixing the problem over a 4 month period all at their expense.

Glad you got it sorted out :driving:

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links