Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had the new GS300 for six weeks and with 900 miles on the clock a stone on the M1 has cracked my windscreen.

I phoned Autoglass and they said it would take a week to get one.

I phoned Lexus Sheffield and they said they would have to get one from Belgium.

I phoned Lexus GB and they said it was a local dealer issue.

So if you have a new GS and your screen shatters or a crack impairs your vision you may be off the road for a week while a screen is sourced for you.

This is a fundermental flaw in the supply of a new model in this country as it means if you purchase a new model, whatever you do don't let a stone hit your screen for six months while they sort out the supply of screens.

I would like to hear new GS owners responce to this and more importantly any sort of reply from any Lexus dealers reading this as I am not a happy customer at the moment. :crybaby:

I will keep you posted regarding the outcome of this and how long it takes to sort out.

PS Is any one else claiming the first UK new GS windscreen?

Had the new GS300 for six weeks and with 900 miles on the clock a stone on the M1 has cracked my windscreen.

Had the same thing happen a week ago, about nine weeks from new. Very small stone chip caused a single crack about 15cm long.

Lexus Park Lane reckon they can fix it straight away using their regular windscreen people (Fosters, I think).

Lexus Park Lane reckon they can fix it straight away using their regular windscreen people (Fosters, I think).

My screen has a crack in front of where the passenger sits three inches above where the window wipers park and it goes all the way to in front of the steering wheel (about 18 inches), Autoglass say this requires a full screen replacement not a repair and there is not a screen to be found!

My screen has a crack in front of where the passenger sits three inches above where the window wipers park and it goes all the way to in front of the steering wheel (about 18 inches), Autoglass say this requires a full screen replacement not a repair and there is not a screen to be found!

My friend has bought the new GS 300 and has had rattling form his door speaker, they have told him a couple of weeks before it can be replaced. Not good or maybe they did not expect anything to go wrong.

Yes, that's exactly where my crack was. Just got the car back with replacement screen.

I phoned Autoglass and they said it would take a week to get one.

I phoned Lexus Sheffield and they said they would have to get one from Belgium.

I phoned Lexus GB and they said it was a local dealer issue.

So if you have a new GS and your screen shatters or a crack impairs your vision you may be off the road for a week while a screen is sourced for you.

This is a fundermental flaw in the supply of a new model in this country as it means if you purchase a new model, whatever you do don't let a stone hit your screen for six months while they sort out the supply of screens.

I would like to hear new GS owners responce to this and more importantly any sort of reply from any Lexus dealers reading this as I am not a happy customer at the moment.  :crybaby:

I will keep you posted regarding the outcome of this and how long it takes to sort out.

lexus hatfield (hertfordshire) if they arent too far away from you they can do it now while you wait..... spoke about this very subject today to a bloke i n the showroom...

One week to the day after damaging my screen I have just had a call to say a screen is now in stock but cannot be fitted until Saturday.

It is a good job the current screen was still intact and the car legal to drive otherwise I would have been off the road for 8 days which is longer than if I had been in a rear shunt :crybaby:

My advice to new GS owners is to warn your local dealer of the lead time on a screen and try to persuade them to get at least one in stock, they are bound to need it sooner or later. :winky:

One week to the day after damaging my screen I have just had a call to say a screen is now in stock but cannot be fitted until Saturday.

It is a good job the current screen was still intact and the car legal to drive otherwise I would have been off the road for 8 days which is longer than if I had been in a rear shunt  :crybaby:

My advice to new GS owners is to warn your local dealer of the lead time on a screen and try to persuade them to get at least one in stock, they are bound to need it sooner or later.  :winky:

Could there be a weakness in the screen design? Seems a little strange that 3 new GS's had the same problem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links