Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extended Warranty

I am swapping my 03 IS200 Sportcross for a 03 RX300SE-l at the weekend, it is the same age as my IS and therefore has the same level of warranty remaining.

I am considering an extended warranty, does anybody have any opinion on Lexus offering or 3rd party.

Thanks

I looked into extended warranties on my BMW (before I decided to swap for a RX300 instead)...

Manufacturers warranty....generally more expensive, covers more (but not everything unlike 1st 3 years)..and can help with re-sale. Often once elapsed they cannot be re-started (Porsche only car company I've heard that does)

After market..cheaper, BMW wanted £720 a year, aftermarket about 1/3 of that price. Ability to select level of cover is good, you can cover major bits so have some level of backup to suit your budget. Generally not as comprehensive as manufacturers.

It will be interesting to see what everyone else thinks.

The lexus warranty is almost identical to the manufacturers original and as said in another reply it is quite expensive.

I paid around £1420 to extend the warranty for two years on my 02 RX recently, slight discount for the 2nd year.

At least it gives peace of mind if the unlikely ever happens. :D

oooch...VERY expensive... still BMW wanted £720 a year for a all 3 series's...they also would not cover alloy wheel corrosion beyong the 3 year mark...wonder if Lexus is the same..

As it is a known weekness with the car probably find that is excluded ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links