Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello.

Recently bought a '99 GS300, which will shortly be due for it's 81,000 mile service. I have phoned two dealers for quotes. Twickenham said £500 and Bristol told me it would be £500 plus VAT. Mmmmm.. I also learned, from reading items on LOC, that the Twickenham dealer ships cars for servicing off to Toyota at Isleworth.

I have a couple of questions:

1. what's included in the service for £500

and

2. are Toyota mechanics trained to sevrice Lexus cars?

BTW - I got a good deal at ATS on tyres by showing them the prices from www.blackcircles.co.uk - they have a price-matchinng policy. The prices blackcircles quote are either supply only or supply and fit. The nearest dealer wasn't as convenient for me as ATS. :whistling:

my experience is they may have one toyaota mechanic who is lexus trained.

Ask the dealer to suplly what they are doing, I have before. First time it was Chester and he is/was a stroppy b**tard, who thought I was taking it to an independent servicing agent!

I have mine booked in next week for 90k service on 2001 gs300 and quoted £286 before Gold inclusive of all things, subject to them finding something else.

Lexus UK should be able to suplly the list of what is done at each service, as I have heard of differences between dealers as to what they do, so you can check it off. Would suggest you ask for old parts, ie filters, as seems a common thing in the industry not to change filters, which mucks up the whole running etc of the car.

Good luck.

Dont know what is included in service but most lex/toyota dealers use the same mechanics :)

Thanks for the feedback.

My mechanic never cahrged me more than £150 for a sevrice, so £500 seems very steep for was in ostensibly the same work. Seems to be an awful lot of 'checking', from what I gather and not a lot of 'replacing'. I could do oil changes myself! :hehe:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links