Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Done Some Very Minor Mods On My Is200

Fitted reversing sensors the other week, they're the cheapo JML ones that I have fitted discreetly under the reg plate (you should see it on the pic), wired up to reverse gear feed and they only come on when in reverse! Great I think. I know they're not painted and not discreetly fitted into the bumper but they do the job.

gallery_4479_162_45156.jpg

I've also recently upgraded to tomtom navigator 5 and decided to mount the pda horizontally inbetween the airvents. I think this gives a better picture of the route as the display seems to be bigger than the vertical setup. Nice that tomtom navigator 5 can let you tilt the screen!

gallery_4479_162_33997.jpg

gallery_4479_162_6799.jpg

As you can see there are no wires on show - the gps device is wired behind the stereo and sits on the ashtray (gets fix through the sunroof).

Let me know if you think it looks ok or not - honest opinions are always welcome!

Looking very good mate, you can't really tell those sensors are there!

Does the PDA snap into that holder firmly then? Just wondering if it's going to slide out when you take a hard left corner too quickly :P

How's TT5 anyway? I've heard a lot of people going back to 3 for some reason?

Does the PDA snap into that holder firmly then? Just wondering if it's going to slide out when you take a hard left corner too quickly :P

How's TT5 anyway? I've heard a lot of people going back to 3 for some reason?

Aido - I removed the central air on/off switch and mounted the ipaq cradle inside and on the inside of the airvent placed a scew through the mount (i had to take the airvents apart to do this - what a nightmare!), anyway it's firmly mounted in place and I can remove the ipaq without the cradle moving :winky:

Tomtom 5 is brilliant, it is more like tomtom go now - I havn't had any problems at all with it, in fact it is more reliable than 3 - on the old version if I undocked the ipaq with tomtom running and then redocked at a later time in the day the navigator would hang and I would have to do a reset - but with the new version no problems at all! What I also like is the in-build POI alert, e.g. for speed camera's they flash up on the screen with the camera icon and you can change the alert distance in yards, brilliant for alerting you early for mobile camera's. I also don't have to use checkpoint anymore.

Those sensors must be really good cuz I can't see them either  :blink:

Here's a closeup of the sensors - look a bit like a camera setup I think!

gallery_4479_162_18375.jpg

So far so good for the reversing sensors they seem to catch everything - even when reversing at an angle.

I've mounted the control box inside the car behind the rear passenger A pillar (I think that what it's called). So you can't see any boxes at all, the sensor beep is so loud as well it even overrides the sound of the oem reverse beep!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links