Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Are My 8 Speakers ? Is200 Sport

Hi, I've just recieved delivery of my brand new Lexus IS200 Sport. I am very pleased after only a couple of hours ownership.

So much so I joined this owners club... couldn't afford to by the company.

My first question is.. The IS200 Sport spec. says it has an 8 speaker system like the SE. However I can only seem to count upto 6. Great during Swedish lessons, but doesn't help find my missing 2 speakers. Any clues.

I see two on the back shelf, two in the front doors, and two little tweeters new the mirrors.

Regards, David

:withstupid:

Thanks Ricky,

I am happy with 6 speakers, but I have examined the back shelf speakers and they consist of one speaker in each unit. If they where two spearkers in one, surely they would be visible. Looking at the underside in the boot you can clearly see only one speaker cone with one connector.

I get the feeling that Lexus maketing have had some input to this system and not the technicians adding output.

Regards, David

:withstupid:

Most manufacturers advertise like this so Lexus aren't doing anything differently its quite common.

They are two-way speakers, i.e. 2 in 1 which means they have a separate tweeter built in.

Funnily enough when I was at the motor show last weekend looking at the SC430 the Lexus women said 'it has a 10 speaker stereo system'. I asked is that really 10 separate speakers or are they 2 or 3 way speakers. She just looked at me blankly.

there are actually 2 seperate speakers in that housing,one sits above the other on a plate,there are two wires that run to the sub speaker and 2 that run to the tweeter.........so yes the car has 8 speakers :huh:

4 on the rear shelf

2 in the door pockets

2 in the mirror guset

mat

Most manufacturers advertise like this so Lexus aren't doing anything differently its quite common.

They are two-way speakers, i.e. 2 in 1 which means they have a separate tweeter built in.

Funnily enough when I was at the motor show last weekend looking at the SC430 the Lexus women said 'it has a 10 speaker stereo system'. I asked is that really 10 separate speakers or are they 2 or 3 way speakers. She just looked at me blankly.

Hired help then obviously - bet she loved you for asking that :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links