Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiring 2003 Cluster To 2001 Car

stodwyer

Hi all,

I met my auto electrician today and asked him to have a look at wiring my cluster. I didnt have the new clusters male socket with car. Do i have to get the male socket from the car i got cluster from and just line up the wires?. Monster mat mentioned soldering but he didnt know what to do. All i am missing on the dash are the dash lights when i turn on the dims of the car.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Sean

erm i do know what to do...ive done it, what i told you was that you will need to find the illumination wire....

what i also told you, was its impossible for me to "wire up" your cluster through pm.....you told me you had an auto electrician looking at the wireing, and cluster.......

so all you need to do is find where the original illumination is on the cluster wire loom.....and match this into the actual cluster.

i didnt say it was easy, but i didnt say i didnt know how.......it takes time...and effort, which is what I told you

infact....here what you need to do.....

grab socket.....grab multimeter.....im sure your auto electrician has one of them.....

turn on lights...use multimeter to find illumination wire......when found, cut wire

now, solder longer wire to cut wire......now, solder longer wire to metal contact patch on cluster board..where illumination bulbs twist in...

get more wire......add ring to one end, ....auto electrician should just about manage this.......atatctch to earth.....10mm mounting nut behind cluster is good for this.

solder other end of wire, to the opposite side of the same illumination socket for one of the bulbs......

assuming your Altezza is the same spec, same model, same options, same year as the Altezza i did this on before........it will work, if not, it may take a tad more time to sort......go back to original post here.....as in do a bit of leg work...or get your auto electrician to do a basic power search!!

Im Sorry Mat. I didnt mean that you didnt know what to do. I meant that you had to have the cluster to see what was neede as other clusters vary. Im sorry if i have offended you.

Thanks for the replies. I'll give your man a call and get him to do it.

Sean :shutit:

not offended....otherwise id have used.... :tsktsk:  :shutit:  :angry:  :huh: ...type smillies.....

i think hes your man...not mine :)

Its the Irish lingo as in "That fella".

He should be able to sort it out. I got him to run the illumination wire to the side of the bulb but he didnt earth it. So i will ask him to come back and run an earth from the other side of the bulb connection.

Im more a structural person not electrical

Sorry for annoying ye all again.

I was in contact with the electrician and he said he ran the illumination wire to the power side of the bulb insert and there was no power to the bulbs.

I mentioned returning the earth and he agreed it would work but then he thought that there should be an original earth in the pins returning the power.

Is this correct or am i totally wrong?. :question:

Will earthing and powering the single bulb power the rest of them or will it only power the one bulb?.

Loads of questions i know but im dying to get the whole thing sorted.

Sean

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links