Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ideas For Very First Mod?

Rob's Lexx

I wouldn't bother going down the route of upgrading headlight bulbs, aftermarket "HID style" bulbs may give a nice colour but the throw of light isn't much better than the standard bulbs.

The best option you can take is to fit an HID coversion kit, which includes the ballast and HID bubs. More expensive but the difference is worth it.

For reversing bulbs many of the guys have fitted blue effect bulbs. This will not affect the MOT.

I wouldn't bother going down the route of upgrading headlight bulbs, aftermarket "HID style" bulbs may give a nice colour but the throw of light isn't much better than the standard bulbs.

The best option you can take is to fit an HID coversion kit, which includes the ballast and HID bubs. More expensive but the difference is worth it.

For reversing bulbs many of the guys have fitted blue effect bulbs. This will not affect the MOT.

ok, could you point me in the right direction of these blue reverse bulbs??

how much am i looking at for a complete HID conversion (inc. bulbs and fitting)?

Yes, the come singly so buy two........dead easy, just remove the rear cluster (2 screws), plug & play :D

just had a quick look at the rear clusters and am not sure what screws to remove. from what i can see there are to screw covers to the side of each cluster. do i simply remove the covers/caps, unscrew the screws and the whole light cluster should come out?

i'm suprised that its only those two screws that hold it all in place.

not really mechanically minded so i'm sorry if this is a real dumb question

Yes, the come singly so buy two........dead easy, just remove the rear cluster (2 screws), plug & play :D

just had a quick look at the rear clusters and am not sure what screws to remove. from what i can see there are to screw covers to the side of each cluster. do i simply remove the covers/caps, unscrew the screws and the whole light cluster should come out?

i'm suprised that its only those two screws that hold it all in place.

not really mechanically minded so i'm sorry if this is a real dumb question

That is correct - ondo the screws amd lift the cluster up and towards you.

aye

the PIAA led clusters are the brightest availble for side lights. It needs some wiring etc but jesus they are bright. i have them on. Not cheap either.

Super white and white. Could h=get away with those just on without the dipped on.

yea i was looking at them, but for the moment think i'm just gonna stick with the 6LED side light clusters from Ultraleds.co.uk. gonna save the extra cash for a HID conversion kit i think. everyone's said how beneficial the HID kit is!

does anyone know if installing one of these is easy, or should i look into a garage doing it for me

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links