Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota/lexus Dvd Sat Nav Disc.

Kent

I've searched on this and the TOC forums for a definitive answer to this but with no real luck. It seems to be almost like a state secret. My DVD disc is 2001 Version 1 and I've been quoted £305 by my Lexus dealer for the latest upgrade (2004/5 Version 2. He is offering a discount but it still leaves me with what I consider to be a massive price for what it is, especially as a new upgrade comes out every 12/18months according to Lexus. The Toyota DVD disc looks the same (Black with no maker badging) and suely should be compatible with the Lexus system. They seem to be more readily available and cheaper second hand but I would prefer to be sure that it would work. Anybody know anything? all information gratefully received.

Kent.

I've searched on this and the TOC forums for a definitive answer to this but with no real luck. It seems to be almost like a state secret. My DVD disc is 2001 Version 1 and I've been quoted £305 by my Lexus dealer for the latest upgrade (2004/5 Version 2. He is offering a discount but it still leaves me with what I consider to be a massive price for what it is, especially as a new upgrade comes out every 12/18months according to Lexus. The Toyota DVD disc looks the same (Black with no maker badging) and suely should be compatible with the Lexus system. They seem to be more readily available and cheaper second hand but I would prefer to be sure that it would work. Anybody know anything? all information gratefully received.

Kent.

Just to answer my own question. Yes they seem to be. I have got hold of a couple of discs from a Toyota Avensis and the later one is a 2004/5 Version 2 disc . This is the latest available disc upgrade number for the IS according to Lexus. I put this in this morning to replace my existing 2001 Ver 1 disc and it upgraded straight away with no problem. The paperwork which comes with it is stamped Toyota but the actual disc is unbranded. To illustrate just how far Toyota/Lexus are behind in their mapping information this (latest ) disc contains info from NAVTEQ up to October 2003. This means that although it is called 2004/5 its database is actually only up to October 2003 which explains why it will not contain the M6 toll road which did not open until December 2003. I will now be able to lessen the cost of buying this new DVD by selling the two extra ones that I now have. One is the original 2001 Ver 1 and the second is Ver 1st 2002.

Kent.

I happened to be talking about the latest DVD version to my local Lexus dealer (Cambridge) just last week, and they said the next version is due in October. So I'm not buying anything until then at least, assuming that info is accurate.

Yes, as the current one has map info up till October 2003 and Lexus GB say they update every 12 to 18 months then that sounds about right.

Just a bit of info, i have been told by lexus that the M6 Toll Road will not be included on sat nav discs because it is a privately owned road and whoever owns it will not give them the rights to put it on there discs. So even the very latest discs will not have the toll road on them.

Just a bit of info, i have been told by lexus that the M6 Toll Road will not be included on sat nav discs because it is a privately owned road and whoever owns it will not give them the rights to put it on there discs.  So even the very latest discs will not have the toll road on them.

If that is true (and I don't for one minute doubt you) then it is the most bizarre piece of business logic I have ever heard. Don't they want customers? I have travelled all over France and Spain and all of the Toll roads have been on whatever Sat Nav I was using at the time. Who owns the M6 Toll road company? Mr J Prescott must be the CEO.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links