Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Missus Is A Nutter

Curran

watching the goggle box the other night and a car advert comes on and the boss says something to the effect of "I like that car shall we get it on the deal they were offering"

well we went for a test drive and it was quite a fun thing to drive and she gave it some real stick.

To me the Rx8 is all noise and vibration with out a great deal of speed a bit like a bike eg you have to rev it to get it going.

Driving home from the test drive in the IS we did a similar run in the IS eg motorway and fast around a big roundabout.

The IS at 20mph faster on the motorway was unhurried calm and just did it with out fuss where as the rx8 felt like it was about to explode and going three times quicker than it really was.

So it looks like the second car will be a RX8 for the boss , I must be loosing it or she has grown a set. Her reason is she allways wanted a sports car and if we don't do it now we never will

Anybody have an constructive opinions about RX8 's ?

Sorry probably not constructive.... :blush:

Personally I prefer the RX7. You've got to know how to handle it mind!! LOTS of power. Had two friends with RX7 over the past year and both have had spins in them - one wrote it off.

Think the RX7 looks better then the RX8 too. :D :D

What about a Celica?

RX8 was another car I considered, about the same list as the IS I've got now. Can't say I've driven one, have been out in one, but did have a very good look round them.

Was really put off with the fact you can spank the doors together if they are open at the same time :ohmy: Some of my :tsktsk: idiot mates would end up bending something

The dealer was really playing down the oil consumption issue saying it was the press exagerating. They do use oil, nature of the engine, but from the dealers figures didn't sound that bad IMO.

Seem to hold good residuals, always a good thing :)

RX8 was another car I considered, about the same list as the IS I've got now. Can't say I've driven one, have been out in one, but did have a very good look round them.

Was really put off with the fact you can spank the doors together if they are open at the same time :ohmy: Some of my  :tsktsk: idiot mates would end up bending something

The dealer was really playing down the oil consumption issue saying it was the press exagerating. They do use oil, nature of the engine, but from the dealers figures didn't sound that bad IMO.

Seem to hold good residuals, always a good thing :)

A guy who works next door to me has an RX8 and is planning to chop it in for a 350Z, he doesn't rate it at all.

Mate at work has one...

- 9k miles out of first set of tyres (driving carefully he claims).

- 18mpg and that is the 190bhp model.

- On second set of wheels (54 plate car)

- Rust where door rubs on frame.

- Third set of extra fins on wing vents.

- Second catalyst.

- 4th re-programming of enginer management system.

- 5 litres of oil used in 9k miles.

BUT...he loves it and says it puts a smile on his face every time he's in it...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links