Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Makes The Lexus Dvd Updates?

I read somewhere that it was Navtec (known as Navteq) but their website update section does not have Lexus or even Toyota listed so it cant be them.

Anyone got any ideas?

I wanted to know to see if update discs were cheaper from them (as they are with BMW etc)

If it makes any difference its for a 2000 LS430

Thanks

The Nav system is AISIN. They use navtech map data but there's more to it than that. I believe only the Toyota/Lexus disc will work in it.

AISIN AW Co are the manufacturers of the Nav hardware, their site lists their major customer as (unsurprisingly) Toyota. The name Lexus does not exist in Japan, theyre all badged Toyota so that explains that bit, but they dont make the discs or the upgrades, so were still looking for who actually does?

The US site has nothing of interest on this either, but someone, somehwere must have a list of Toyota DVD upgrade discs and which Lexus models they will work in as that seem sto be the least cost option and highly likely to work. Ive seen loads of posts (not just here) eluding to this but no definitive answer and what works in what.

Over £300.00 (thats over $500 for any yanks looking in) for an upgrade disc is appaling, and please dont tell me its cos it has ALL of Europe on it, that would make no difference to the cost whatsoever and is a meaningless gesture anyway, which serves to reduce Lexus's costs in not producing European Country specific discs, NOT adding any value for its customers. BMW & Merc both charge around £200 for theirs and most tellingly so do Toyota who have the same darn system in it.

Hence Im looking for a better deal than rip-off Lexus UK want to provide.

The older discs has AISIN written on them as does the box it came in. The Nav disc also contains the OS/firmware updates, not just map data, and that software would be written by AISIN.

If the Toyota disc is £200 then buy that. Around 2001 the company name stopped being written on the disc so they didn't have to produce two different ones, one for Lexus and another for Toyota - they are the same. However as you have a 2000 model you will have a 1st gen dvd unit and I don't think any Toyotas where sold with the full colour touch screen at that time (maybe the Amazon).

If the Toyota disc is £200 then buy that. Around 2001 the company name stopped being written on the disc so they didn't have to produce two different ones, one for Lexus and another for Toyota - they are the same. However as you have a 2000 model you will have a 1st gen dvd unit and I don't think any Toyotas where sold with the full colour touch screen at that time (maybe the Amazon).

Yup thats about where I am with it as well, seems that if you have a 2002 or later then chances are that a Toyota disc will do (if you can find which one) but any earlier and your stuck with Lexus discs. Still makes me mad that they are around 70% more expensive in the UK than in the USA though........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links