Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Axle Shift On Is200

paul mach1

My IS200 feels like the rear axle is shifting out of line if you hit a bump, as in the type of bump you get after roadworks have been carried out, or a low drain. The problem is exasperated on corners. Could this be geometry problems, or could it be bush wear? Any advice greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I have tyre scub on my front tyres so have changed my :tsktsk: ball joints and am going to get my geometry done along with new tyres.

Out of interest I jacked up my rears and did the usual bar test (jack wheels just off floor and lift wheel with bar) and found some very small movement/knocking on both rear wheels. As far as I can see it isn't the ball joint or wheel bearings.

Anyone got any ideas?????

• 4 weeks later...
:crybaby: geometry..... if one or both rear wheels are in a 'toe out' position then off the bump the loaded tyre at the rear will 'rear steer' AKA 'over steer'. 'be' wise, get it sorted... :huh:

Sorry bout the delay replying to this thread. I thought the problem may have been the bushes worn, maybe due to hard acceleration, but it may be prudent to have the geometry checked as you have suggested. Is this a dealer only job, or is there any recommended garages that can carry this work out in the Newcastle area. Thanks for the advice guys

• 18 years later...

Hi

I have a question about the rear subframe .I’m talking about the lexus is200 xe10 1999 generation

So today I got hit and the rear subframe got dented and I was wondering if you can use the rear subframe from the lexus is200 xe10 sport cross and put it on the sedan is200

Are the mount points and the sizes the same ,because I cannot find a rear subframe exactly from the sedan in my country 

Thank you !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links