Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i have a 1990 Ls400 with the usual dark clock/temp screen problem,but also the control panel inself keeps cutting in and out(sometimes for a few minutes,sometimes for a split second).

i thought/was told by a Lexus man it might be the aircon gas,so i had it re-gassed but the problem still plagues me,when the control panel is on everything works fine(incl the aircon and heated rear screen),its now causing problems with the car steaming-up badly and its getting cold the leave the window open!.

any ideas(Lexus have not had this problem before!)

thks paul

Hi,

Try looking through the US site for info,do a search or look through the LS section,if you cant find anything post up your question,they should be able to help..

here the link to US

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/

Sounds like its more of a electrical fault with your control panel.

ok,thank alot,this is the first real problem i,ve had(apart from a water pump replacment).

its been an excellent car for six years.

i,ve foun,d a second control panel for 50 pound and may take a chance with that(the LCD is dark but whos is,nt?

cheers

thanks for that,i called and they will even let me try the unit on my car first,before i buy it.

they are very helpful

cheers

did they have screens for the ls400 buddie let me no

kingkens

Kingkens,

I have LCD screens read the posts (I think on page 4) entitled - LCD Screen Problems Repairs Recommended

Chris

swift salvage only had dark lcd screens,as we all have.

chris vince has a good write-up and its 180 pound for new better spec LCD.

I don,t think you will find any mark 1,s with a clear screen(unless they have been repaired)in a scrap yard.

Kingkens,

Further to your post I think it right to mention, in order to save other members all of the hassle of returning a hopefully unsoldered LCD for a doubtful refund, that the LCD’s you mention for $122 are most probably American spec ones i.e. for left hand drive cars.

This means that the clock / temperature readouts are on opposite sides compared to UK spec right hand drive cars, also adjacent to the temperature display is the max cold / hot display, fitting the wrong spec LCD will confuse the PCB and electronics resulting in an incorrect display most if not all of the time.

As with most Lexus parts very little is straight forward and great care needs to be taken selecting after market replacement parts.

Regards,

Chris Vince

thanks for the avise gentlemen,i got a secondhand control panel from swift salvage and was lucky enought to get one with a good Lcd screen.

sorry chris(vince),but i don,t need your new screen service,but i would like to say this man was very helpful and i would use him if i needed one.

i hope now this cures the problem

cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links