Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 300 Series 1..... Lpg

Any advice or comment regarding lpg conversions would be appreciated.

Its something I have been considering for a while now....... I can see the financial gains but what are the downsides that I am missing?

Many thanks

SJT

• 2 weeks later...

had mine converted at the start of the summer,

only down side I have noticed is that the largest tank that can be fitted in the spare wheel well without too much disruption only gives you about 225-250 miles b4 a refill is needed. so if you drive any distance make sure you now where to fill up.

£2k for a conversion sounds about right.

No difference to power or performance and MPG has only dropped from 20.2 to 18.5.

Remember you can still run on petrol so it's not the end of the world if you run out of gas, it's just that you're paying double for fuel until you fill up again. I've got a 70 litre tank that's good for about 230 miles, which suits me fine.

I got myself a fuel account, can just pull up at one of their filling sites (24/7 in most cases), pop in my fuel key, tap in my PIN and fill up.

Sites covered by my key (so far) are:-

Banbury

Bath

Bearley Mill

Brecon

Bridgend

Bridgwater

Brimfield

Bristol (Dundry)

Bristol (Longwell Green)

Chepstow

Chipping Norton

Crewkerne

Evesham

Gloucester

Kidderminster

Leamington Spa

Ledbury

Leominster

Llandrindod Wells

Malvern

Marksbury

Marlborough

Melksham

Ross-on-Wye

Shrewsbury

Solihull

Stratford-upon-Avon

Swindon

Telford

Wellington

Weston Super Mare

Witney

Worcester

If anyone's interested, PM me and I'll sort you out with the details (and I'll get £5 worth of gas if you sign up!)

only down side I have noticed is that the largest tank that can be fitted in the spare wheel well without too much disruption only gives you about 225-250 miles b4 a refill is needed. so if you drive any distance make sure you now where to fill up.

No difference to power or performance and MPG has only dropped from 20.2 to 18.5.

Thanks all for your help on this.

Based on all your feedback I have taken the plunge and booked it in for the end of the month.

Jaffa..... Could you please tell me what capacity tank was actually fitted? A make and model ref would be appreciated. Also could you tell me where the filler cap is please (side panel or side of the bumper).

Thanks.

SJT

Thanks all for your help on this.

Based on all your feedback I have taken the plunge and booked it in for the end of the month.

Jaffa..... Could you please tell me what capacity tank was actually fitted? A make and model ref would be appreciated. Also could you tell me where the filler cap is please (side panel or side of the bumper).

Thanks.

SJT

rear bumper, will take some pics over the weekend and get the specs for you

I converted to LPG a 2005 AUDI A6 2.4. Audi would not recommend it but I've driven it for 13000 Miles now and everything is just fine. You almost cannot tell the difference in performance. I recommend to have the car checked periodically (10000 miles). My opinion is that it is best to use a traditional tank instead of fitting a circular tank into the spare tire site. Conversion in Italy runs about 1800 Euro for a 6 cylinder engine. Check if you can get GDI type, Dutch made system.

• 2 weeks later...

rear bumper, will take some pics over the weekend and get the specs for you

I look forward to seeing them....many thanks

I just build in an LPG CU. My LPG Tank is an STAKO F72008311L Diameter 72cm High 24 cm 83L brutto = 70 L LPG.

I must cut the Spare Weehl Holder out of the rear Groundplate an build out the Spareweehl mechanic.

It is possible to built in an Tank with same Diameter but an high up to 27 cm. Then you must cut the backbone out of the rear Groundplate.

And of course i´ll build in an FlashLube System - and I filled in Slick50 with my Motoroil.

All of the Specalists say that is impossible with this Engine (1MZ-FE) i´ll try it.

Sorry for my bad english - but you are the only one who want´s to makes the same mad think like i do.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links