Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Paint Disaster

Sharon

:angry: We've just bought our first Lexus, and were proudly washing it, when the jet washer shredded the paint on the lower half of the door. About an inch square has been blasted off, and is peeling all round the edges. I could probably strip the whole panel with my thumbnail if I wanted to! Surely this is faulty paintwork - it's not adhering to the panel at all. I just wanted to check if anyone else has had this problem, before I go back to the dealer with it.

Awwww that sounds awful.

It shouldn't strip off like that unless of course the panel has been painted recently.

I would take it back and tell them what had happened, but even they will agree it shouldn't rip the paint off!

Also, jet washing isn't the best method to wash a car it almost certainly removes any layers of Wax which protects the paint.

Welcome to LOC btw :)

Sorry to hear about that. It is the main reason why I avoid using Jet washes though. I have heard about some of them having too hot water and causing the lacquer on plastic surfaces such as bumpers to blister.

Is the car brand new ? If not I'd guess there was either a stone chip in this area where it peeled, or the lance was being held too close to the paint.

If it is brand new I'd take it back and complain about the paint job.

Sorry to hear about that.  It is the main reason why I avoid using Jet washes though.  I have heard about some of them having too hot water and causing the lacquer on plastic surfaces such as bumpers to blister.

Is the car brand new ?  If not I'd guess there was either a stone chip in this area where it peeled, or the lance was being held too close to the paint.

If it is brand new I'd take it back and complain about the paint job.

Hmm, having trouble working this thing!

I was trying to say - no the car is 3 yrs old, but I'll still contact the dealer. They are rarely sympathetic once they have your money though!

They will probably say that I shouldn't have been using a jet wash anyway. Well I've learnt that lesson now!

Hmm, having trouble working this thing!

I was trying to say - no the car is 3 yrs old, but I'll still contact the dealer. They are rarely sympathetic once they have your money though!

They will probably say that I shouldn't have been using a jet wash anyway. Well I've learnt that lesson now!

If they do try telling you that you shouldn't have used one anyway, then ask them why they never told you this when you purchased the car.

If they aren't sympathetic ask them if you get any money off being a Gold member on the Lexus Owners Club. If they do, ask them how much - if it's more than £25 then it's worth signing up. :)

Best of luck. Allways worth a try with the dealers first. :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links