Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Ideas? - Vw Golf (n Reg)

Rob's Lexx

Just been to the Royal Albert Hall in London to watch the Masters Tennis. Great day out :D , but on the way back to Leicester things got really weird :hehe: !! We drove down in my mates VW Golf (1.6, N Reg, 96 000 miles) and had no problems. the car runs really well and he's had it almost from new.

however, when we were on our way back, after stopping at Toddington services, we noticed a hissing type noise coming from the middle of the car (i.e directly beneath the rear middle footwell). after stopping at the next service station, it appeared that all tyres were fine and there were no strange noises from under the bonnet. however, under the main chasis, all you could hear was a hissing noise (like gas escaping). i've not heard anything quite like it before.

the only thing i can think of is that the exhaust may be blowing (maybe picked up a hit from some loose debris), but the noise just don't sound like a blowing exhaust. its not deep or anything like that!!

anybody got any ideas :D ????

cheers in advance.

rob

vibration......possibly the protective cover on the cat,

hmmm, guess thats a possibility. the noise really did sound like gas escaping and it got worse as the revs increased. seemed to be coming more from the middle/ rear of the car than middle/front though. :duh:

no mate, had been pretty dry (no heavy rain anyway).

he said he's never had it make that kinda noise before, so i don't think it was that.

anybody have any other ideas......jus so he doesn't get roped in by the garage mechanic later on! :duh:

cheers

rob

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links