Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do Lexus Dealers Know How To Setup The Alignment?

I'm not gonna have a major rant. Just gonna ask my fellow LOC members their opinions.

In September I bought a 2002 IS300 SX. From day one this car would not drive striaght. It was on 18" wheels and would turn sharply to the left at the slightest camber on the road. Not happy with this at all I asked the dealer to look at it. They did a 4 wheel laser alignment. It improved but... was still there. It was then done at another dealer because I wasn't happy with it. The supplying dealer was over 100 miles away from me. Still not sorted...so Dr Bones took a look. The alignment was dead right...but still had odd tendancies. Other issues, the oil was over filled. :excl: Now how can this be ?

The dealer took the car back and changed the wheels to original 17s. I then looked into the history. Turns out the front nearside had been in an accident. Looking closely at it, the wing/bonnet gap was larger than the other side. I was not happy at all. :angry:

Anyway I rejected the car. Also on rough ground the suspension on the right knocked a bit. Lower ball joint may be ? And this car was RAC inspected ??????

They actually bought another car from another dealer to replace this one. When they got the car it had bad bodywork. What's going on here ??? :tsktsk:

After many weeks. I was given a replacement. Not my first choice of colour. Anyway, it drives much better. However, when I hold the wheel straight on the motorway it drifts to the left. The wheel isn't centered AND it also has suspension knocks on rough ground from both sides ! Again, this car is RAC inspected ?

I am so, so not impressed with the service dealerships are giving lately. Has their success gone to their heads ?

Do I go back to them again. I was on the phone almost daily asking for an update from September. This is really annoying. Or is it time to take it to an independant ?

unfortunatly the rac inspection means nothing, quite a few members have found this - i think that they just do a standard inspection and not the full one.

go back to them?? for sure!!! also speak with your local trading standards and also lexus HQ ( but they might not do much)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links