Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Attended Dr Bones Surgery - Geometry

Mr-Lex

Thanks Tony!

Didn't have a clue about Geometry but well explained and excellent service :)

My first reaction...I personally couldn't tell any difference! I was expecting a lot of difference as you kindly explained, but apart from the steering facing slightly left...nothing :unsure:

Came back home via M25, M11, A406 mostly on motorway! Wasn't driving as usual ( :driving: ), had the family in the back, so took extra care...but as mentioned above, was expecting a lot of difference in driving/handling (corners, round-about etc) but nothing from what it drove previously :unsure:

Is it me? Too good of a driver ( :whistling: ) or was I expecting tooooo much :blush::unsure:

Obviously need to Fine Tuned in about 2k but seems may need to pop back sooner for the steering!

Any thoughts people/Tony :question:

Can't really comment as I had it lowered at the same time, so the difference was noticable as soon as I left the garage.

When I went back for the fine tune Tony corrected the steering back to its center position where it still is 2 months later.

Tyre wear is now evenly spread accross the tyre and I have a lot more confidence that the rear isn't going to step out if i take a corner too fast.

Top man Tony.

Thanks Tony!

Didn't have a clue about Geometry but well explained and excellent service :)

My first reaction...I personally couldn't tell any difference! I was expecting a lot of difference as you kindly explained, but apart from the steering facing slightly left...nothing :unsure:

Came back home via M25, M11, A406 mostly on motorway! Wasn't driving as usual ( :driving: ), had the family in the back, so took extra care...but as mentioned above,  was expecting a lot of difference in driving/handling (corners, round-about etc) but nothing from what it drove previously :unsure:

Is it me? Too good of a driver ( :whistling: ) or was I expecting tooooo much :blush:  :unsure:

Obviously need to Fine Tuned in about 2k but seems may need to pop back sooner for the steering!

Any thoughts people/Tony :question:

Give it time... as you say you had the family in the car and it was all motorway...... the steering wheel position is of no surprise, remember i corrected fifteen angles and the cars parallelograms will (must) re-position themselves, this i did forewarn you about and takes 5 min to re-establish..

Once you get back to normal driving habits the new geometry will be felt.... and don't forget you need new tyres on the back SOON!

...... the steering wheel position is of no surprise, remember i corrected fifteen angles and the cars parallelograms will (must) re-position themselves, this i did forewarn you about and takes 5 min to re-establish..

Sorry Tony, me bit div :blush: , 5mins re-establish "themselves" or 5mins for you re-establish (fine tune) :question: Coz the journey back home was well over an 1hr!

...... the steering wheel position is of no surprise, remember i corrected fifteen angles and the cars parallelograms will (must) re-position themselves, this i did forewarn you about and takes 5 min to re-establish..

Sorry Tony, me bit div :blush: , 5mins re-establish "themselves" or 5mins for you re-establish (fine tune) :question: Coz the journey back home was well over an 1hr!

'Div' nothing mate.... fine tune about 30min.... the steering position is only cosmetic and takes minutes to correct..... in fact when you come in i will let 'you' correct it yourself' :ohmy:.. get a feel of the car, if the steering position is of real concern phone me tomorrow and we can sort it in advance of the fine tune....... but i want you to correct it :D hands on! don't worry you will enjoy and be in a position to tell others...... 'That Geometry lark' nothing to it... did it myself last time :D

Just had my beast taracking done n the front and it made a big difference. £25 WELL SPENT AND IF I DONT HAVE TO REPLACE THE TYRES AFTER 6 MONTHS, WICKED!!

But after collecting my car I have noticed a slight differnce. :D

'Div' nothing mate.... fine tune about 30min.... the steering position is only cosmetic and takes minutes to correct..... in fact when you come in i will let 'you' correct it yourself'  :ohmy:.. get a feel of the car, if the steering position is of real concern phone me tomorrow and we can sort it in advance of the fine tune....... but i want you to correct it  :D hands on! don't worry you will enjoy and be in a position to tell others...... 'That Geometry lark' nothing to it... did it myself last time  :D

Well what can I say... :D

I'll leave the steering for a little while, but if it gets on my t1ts I will ding you and arrange something before the 2k tune!

Once again thanks for all the help and advice....TOP GEEZ' :winky: :)

• 3 months later...
Hey Dr,

Hopefully will be there 9am for fine tuning 2mrw :)

Wish me luck on M25ring rush hour :( :sick: :tsktsk:

I have another Lex to set at 11.... if you are late i will let you explain :D

Being Serious now! i will see you as near to 9.... don't drive mad just to arrive on time, i will sort it whatever time!!!

When Tony got mine on the diagnostics, it also required adjustments in all angles. I don't suppose the production line have the enthusiasm that Tony has.

As expected, you can set one wheel up correctly, but when you change another one, the first one is now misaligned. Tony goes round each wheel continually until they all line up and the PC display goes from all red to all green.

It was obvious that mine was incorrect because the tyre wear, whilst not too serious, was showing indications that it needed attention.

However, I also didn't notice any difference in 'the drive'. But again, maybe that is because I tend to take it easy also (most of the time). :)

Tony,

Thanks for today! Seems all fine, but the steering is now directing in the RIGHT handside now :blink: Anyway don't think it will bother me, well hope not :unsure: (trip to Germany, Nurburgring next week etc).

Fine tune couldn't be done coz of more 'Geometry' work was needed to be done! I'll let you explain Mr Bones :P

See you around 2k time, which will be sooner than you think :P I'll probably do a lot of the miles next week to Germany, so I might be back to you the week after :P :winky:

Tony,

Thanks for today! Seems all fine, but the steering is now directing in the RIGHT handside now :blink: Anyway don't think it will bother me, well hope not :unsure: (trip to Germany, Nurburgring next week etc).

Fine tune couldn't be done coz of more 'Geometry' work was needed to be done! I'll let you explain Mr Bones :P

See you around 2k time, which will be sooner than you think :P I'll probably do a lot of the miles next week to Germany, so I might be back to you the week after :P :winky:

Welcome to the 'one in twenty' steering wheel to the right club!.... as we know the car had done a little more than the prescribed 2000 since the initial set-up, to many angles needed correcting for me to feel satisfied that this 'fine-tune' concluded our original contract..... so as you know i will test it again... and the cost is nothing more than your time :D ...... enjoy next week, see you soon after!

Welcome to the 'one in twenty' steering wheel to the right club!.... as we know the car had done a little more than the prescribed 2000 since the initial set-up, to many angles needed correcting for me to feel satisfied that this 'fine-tune' concluded our original contract..... so as you know i will test it again... and the cost is nothing more than your time :D ...... enjoy next week, see you soon after!

Sincere apologies for the over prescribed 2k, :blush: honestly didnt know that you would have had to do more surgical ...or believe I would've have been there at or around 2k ;)

Appreciate your time and effort, promise will put a good word to Mr Police Officer :lol: :winky:

Thanks again :)

p.s. you take sealed brown envelopes :shifty::question:

Sincere apologies for the over prescribed 2k, :blush: honestly didnt know that you would have had to do more surgical ...or believe I would've have been there at or around 2k ;)

Appreciate your time and effort, promise will put a good word to Mr Police Officer :lol: :winky:

Thanks again :)

p.s. you take sealed brown envelopes :shifty::question:

:D ... no problem..... that envelope?.. it's not a summons is it :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links