Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Good Ebay Deal?

Shaft

Yeah - ask if the suspension has been overhauled with that mileage? Otherwise it will be like sitting on a waterbed!! These dealers make me larf - drives and looks like a 36,000 mile car when it's done 236,000 miles? only a mug would believe that kind of statement...

Don't bid too high...given the mileage..and age..

full suspension overhaul at 182k full cambelt service at 182k last major service at 220k. Sheafs of bills to prove work been done and all lexus dealer bills.

I think it strange that you suspect this is a lemon given that i has been fully maintained not just serviced, and all at a dealer therfore carrying the balance of the dealer warranty on parts and labour.

Just what excatly would it have to look like to be seen as a bargain here?

I thought for the money it was not bad. Had more spent on it in the last 60k than double the asking price. To me that seems a realistic good deal.

were not saying its not a good deal... just that when a LS gets to that sort of mileage, if something goes wrong, it can be very expensive... like the suspension overhall...

Just because its all been serviced, doesnt mean he's got the big jobs done, especially if he knew he was going to sell it...

personally its too far to travel for me. but I thought some people here might find it attractive... Maybe thats presumptious of me, given the responses to date. Woops....

personally its too far to travel for me. but I thought some people here might find it attractive... Maybe thats presumptious of me, given the responses to date. Woops....

Interesting. If the suspension overhaul has been done, then it's worth buying. If it's done properly, you are looking at a couple of grand easy that's been spent.

With that mileage, they should have replaced (upper and lower front control arms with balljoints, rear upper control arms, rear hub bushes - the ones that come as a new sealed unit from lexus, anti-roll bar bushes, shocks)

Both engine mounts should have been replaced (pig of a job). Transmission mounts should have been replaced. The mounts are what absorb the vibration from the engine and drivetrain. They usually are split from 80k onwards. You will get vibration through the wheel and seat compared with when the car was new.

Oxygen sensors should have been replaced considering mileage too. Power steering pump should have been replaced, as this was a weak spot. Probably the speed sensors too. Just make sure all the fluids and filters have been changed at regular intervals (oil, transmission fluid,brake fluid, coolant, fuel filter). Make sure the rear main seal has been done too, it's only a 10 quid seal but a big labour job as they have to drop the transmission to change it.

How has the car been used? Motorways or around town? If mostly around town and idling for long periods of time, the stainless steel exhaust system may be on it's way out. £1,500 to replace I hear!!!

Pretty good deal if all bills available to inspect, as even 3 year old cars these days won't come with servicing receipts, just a stamped up service book. At least you can see what the dealer has recommended, and whether the owner actually spent cash on it!

yep... that was my thinking. It is waht the call in the trade I think "an honest car". At least you know what has been done, where and when.

I thought it interesting that even though it was posted that £1 more would buy the car, nobody bid that single pound over to actually own it. fear factor I guess...

My hunt continues... no rush, rather get the right car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links