Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Manifold Fitting

Nick The Greek

Will the nuts/bolts undo ok?

Throughly wire brush the studs and soak em in penetrating oil overnight and they should be OK

Do I need to jack the car up?

Yes to fit the down pipe

How easy does that steering spline undo?

Should be easy enough just make sure you mark the position before you detach it

Any gaskets needed?

You will need a manifold gasket and a gasket between the manifold and down pipe

Any advice appreciated!

Watch you knuckles :lol:

depending on the condition of the manifold to head gaskets you can reuse them...i have and had no problems

Hmmm, I might try and re-use them then.

I have no time to visit a lexus garage at the moment, too many things to do!

and I have no debit card to buy stuff with at the moment as I lost mine whilst wandering the streets of London last weekend :whistling:

depending on the condition of the manifold to head gaskets you can reuse them...i have and had no problems

Hmmm, I might try and re-use them then.

I have no time to visit a lexus garage at the moment, too many things to do!

and I have no debit card to buy stuff with at the moment as I lost mine whilst wandering the streets of London last weekend :whistling:

Nick i have changed a few and each time i have found that the one's at the outlet of the manifold, down near the gearbox will need changing, sometimes you can get away with it at the top end of the manifold, the older the car the more chance you will need them.

I would be inclined to get one anyway, what could be worse than standing on a Saturday afternoon with a nice shiny manifold and one hand and a knackered gasket in the other.

Phone a local motor factor and get them to order you one, probably won't be genuine Toyota but will be cheaper.

Take it you know about tightening down in a "diagonal pattern" and all that, also the correct torque settings would be handy if anyone knows them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links