Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warning Light On Dashboard - What Does It Mean?

Hi all!

Hope everyone is great, I'm currently waiting on Lexus for my new aerial mast...Fortunately I didnt cut the plastic bit inside, so its looking great just stuffed from the rear wing into the boot :withstupid: until they can fit it. £30 for the mast, and about £30 for fitting.

Anyhow - I dont have the owners manual and a light has just come on the dash board, next to the handbrake light (to the left of it). It kinda looks like ( (!) ). Does anyone know what this means? Is this some kind of brake pad sensor or something? Please advise, I've a long journey tomorrow!

Oh yeah - also if it is the pads where should I go? Lexus or one of those Nationwide Auto Centre places? I'm based in Brighton so if anyone knows a good local garage I'd appreciate the recommendation (only been there 3 months!)

Thanks all!

Jon :backofnet:

what colour is the light

Red, just like the hand brake light.

wouldnt have thought it was the lamp failure

red is usually important

not sure what that symbol means

on the IS it is handbrake/low fluid warning, but you say it is next to the handbrake one

i would check brake fluid, and pads , a quick visual will tell all is ok ....or not

consider dropping in a lexus/toyota dealer to get it confirmed

what colour is the light

Red, just like the hand brake light.

wouldnt have thought it was the lamp failure

red is usually important

not sure what that symbol means

on the IS it is handbrake/low fluid warning, but you say it is next to the handbrake one

i would check brake fluid, and pads , a quick visual will tell all is ok ....or not

consider dropping in a lexus/toyota dealer to get it confirmed

Good call Bazza, will check the brake fluid in the morning. dont want to end up :oops:

my knowledge comes from the IS

on the IS it has a blown bulb indicator which lights up orange

the indicator as described above on the IS, is the brake warning indicator and does not light on bulb failure

but as allways ......best be safe than sorry :)

my knowledge comes from the IS

on the IS it has a blown bulb indicator which lights up orange

the indicator as described above on the IS, is the brake warning indicator and does not light on bulb failure

but as allways ......best be safe than sorry :)

Bazza, my indicator was red when my bulb was blown on the IS200 ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links