Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Doh !

Lex-aholic

It had to bloody happen ! I was driving out of the Galleries car park in Bristol on Saturday. Some morons had parked their cars at the bottom of the ramp (before the two gates where you put your ticket in), so I decided to take the gate nearest the corner.

Let me explain for all those non-Galleries car park users. When you reach the bottom of the ramp, you hit a blind corner which bears to your left. This takes you to the two gates to put your ticket into and drive off.

Okay, where was I....oh yeah, so I decided to take the nearest gate past the blind corner. Nope - someone is parked in there with their hazards flashing. So, I sticks the car in reverse to back up and take the other exit barrier. I could only reverse back a tiny bit cuz somebody is now in my rear view. So I then have to try and squeeze the car between the other morons who had parked their cars and the island that the barrier sits on.

The car then gets a slight nudge from the back passenger side. Anyway, I didn't HEAR anything so I just presume it was the tyre that got the nudge and drive off.

Nope.....you guessed it I kerbed the bloody wheel. :oops:

Ah well, worst things happen at sea. But what a d!ck - I've never done this before. My temperature went quite high at the time. But when you hear the tragic stories on here about people who have been in accidents and stuff, it is just a really minute little thing at the end of the day. :winky:

Better now that's off my chest !! :lol:

dont worry - i washed the car on saturday and found one of my fronts had been kerbed, as wheel as a rear i did last year!

3 years without a problem, then 2 (or actually 3, but the third is tiny) in a year!

That's one thing I seem to find happens to me if I don't clean my car every week. If I was to leave it one week, I would find a ding or a scratch when I clean it the next week.

Straaaange !

I was out their on Saturday afternoon with an unfortunately different colour silver touch-up brush just to coat the scrape. I'll just keep building on it until it's nice and flush and then find out if I can spray it with the same silver the bloke used last year when I had the wheels refurbished.

At the moment it looks like a part of the rim has been filled in. :lol:

dont worry - i washed the car on saturday and found one of my fronts had been kerbed, as wheel as a rear i did last year!

3 years without a problem, then 2 (or actually 3, but the third is tiny) in a year!

That's one thing I seem to find happens to me if I don't clean my car every week. If I was to leave it one week, I would find a ding or a scratch when I clean it the next week.

Straaaange !

I was out their on Saturday afternoon with an unfortunately different colour silver touch-up brush just to coat the scrape. I'll just keep building on it until it's nice and flush and then find out if I can spray it with the same silver the bloke used last year when I had the wheels refurbished.

Hey, I've got a private lock-up/warehouse to park in on Welsh Back! So...no Galleries for me! (Though I does get blocked in by illiterate folk at night on occasion, who can't read the giant '24 hours in use' sign on the door! (Now got a nice big 'Mike Brewer' white marker pen for the next car wot duz THAT to me!)

And next time you're in the Galleries, well that wonderful 'Royce Rolls Wholefood Cafe' in St Nicholas Market is only 5 mins away! (Blush....its mine, though being semi-retired, I'm rarely there!)

I just got MY wheels resprayed by DMD wheels in Bristol (07818 228519), so....I'm certain to kerb them any second now!

Straaaange !

Hey, I've got a private lock-up/warehouse to park in on Welsh Back! So...no Galleries for me! (Though I does get blocked in by illiterate folk at night on occasion, who can't read the giant '24 hours in use' sign on the door! (Now got a nice big 'Mike Brewer' white marker pen for the next car wot duz THAT to me!)

And next time you're in the Galleries, well that wonderful 'Royce Rolls Wholefood Cafe' in St Nicholas Market is only 5 mins away! (Blush....its mine, though being semi-retired, I'm rarely there!)

I just got MY wheels resprayed by DMD wheels in Bristol (07818 228519), so....I'm certain to kerb them any second now!

Hey Chris, what do you think of your wheels after DMD done them ?

PS. Where's your private lock-up. I'll use it next time I have to pop into town !! :winky:

oh well Lexaholic, it is nice to know you are in good company. I avoid multi storey car parks at all costs, but of course it is impossible when you go to a shopping centre. Oh dear, where is my ticket?? as I descend the final ramp (with huge kerbs as usual in these places) to the exit and - as I take my eye away quickly to look for the ticket I hear that awful grinding noise from the alloy.

I park quickly (in the bay for people who have forgotten to pay mind you, did not block off anyone else!) and end up having to pay the full daily rate to the ominous looking guy in the office, having been there under two hours, and go home nursing a wrecked alloy as well.

I want to know why these car parks have such deep kerbs, it is not necessary, and adds considerably to the damage if you do hit them. :tomato: :ban-em:

oh well Lexaholic, it is nice to know you are in good company. I avoid multi storey car parks at all costs, but of course it is impossible when you go to a shopping centre. Oh dear, where is my ticket?? as I descend the final ramp (with huge kerbs as usual in these places) to the exit and - as I take my eye away quickly to look for the ticket I hear that awful grinding noise from the alloy.

I park quickly (in the bay for people who have forgotten to pay mind you, did not block off anyone else!) and end up having to pay the full daily rate to the ominous looking guy in the office, having been there under two hours, and go home nursing a wrecked alloy as well.

I want to know why these car parks have such deep kerbs, it is not necessary, and adds considerably to the damage if you do hit them. :tomato: :ban-em:

OMG - we are two of a kind with losing tickets :blink:

I realised I had lost one when I got all the way to the bloody ticket machine to pay for it. Had had a couple of bevvies the night before so wasn't in full focus. I re-traced my footsteps and low and behold I found it in the middle of the outside shopping centre.

The second was when I paid for the thing, got all the way to the ticket station, and then realised that the slot that I put the ticket in (in the car) was deeper than I thought !! :lol: So I couldn't get the ticket without removing the dash, but luckily enough the ticket attendant bloke thing must have had a good day and let me go without me having to pay any extra.

I know what you mean about the height of the kerbs as well. They are HUGE in the Galleries - especially on the upper floors. What is the point in that ??

This thread is becoming a bit of a "confessions to kerbing" :D

well, i hate paying for parking at all, anywhere! So go to all sorts of lengths to buck the system. Plus, giving any expired time to someone else! We pay thru' the nose as drivers anyway (petrol costs about 20p a litre, the rest is tax, then vat, then tax on the vat...).so we go out and have to avoid cameras on straight roads, half wits in yellow hats who think they're IT!, etc!

We already pay a licence to be ON the road. Then we have to pay extra if we want to STOP!! Except on the M25 where we want to move but mainly stop? If the licence fee was ploughed back into the road system, (we'd probably be concreted over?) at least it'd be better than subsidising other government inefficiences!

G**d!! Victor Meldrew has taken over my computer! :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links