Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaking Is200 Sunroof

vudu

Just picked up my car from Lexus Edgware cuz of a strange creaking sound from somewhere in the car. They got a technician in and asked me to drive around to locate the source of the prob. He said it was probably the plastic lining surrounding the underside of the sunroof (the black one). He said it wasn't unheard of, and said he would want the car for 2 days to roadtest and order parts (2 whole days without my IS200! Nightmare! :crybaby: )... But, since it was still under warranty, they replaced the plastic surround at no cost.

The other thing I noticed was that on the speedo cluster at night, when I step on the throttle from idle, the dash lights brightened up a bit. Told the dealer about it, and after the sunroof they rectified that too... They also noticed that the water pump was leaking slightly and put a brand new one in under warranty too!

Brilliant service, but the car came back a bit filthy (ash-like flakes near gear shift probably caused when replacing sunroof lining above).

So, if you notice any "creaking" while going on uneven surfaces, it could be the sunroof.. you don't have to live with it! :blush:

I also had a creaking noise from the sun roof of my new is 200--I traced it to the rubber seal around the glass where it contacted the bodywork.

I cured the problem by very lightly smearing SILICON grease on the rubber.(don`t use normal grease --will attack the rubber)

I've recently noticed a creaking noise which sounds exactly like a rubber seal against metalwork, I only seem to hear it when I go over speed humps on the upside, not the downside....I thought this might have been shocks or suspension bushes creaking...anyone had this before?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links