Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil Pressure

Fatbillslim

can anyone tell me how long it takes to build oil pressure in the morning it takes a good 5 seconds at least for the light to go out!!

i had an oil presure gague on and it ok when running but it seames like the oil is draining out of somewere if left stood for 6 hours???

the cams have got i little tapety to (but i do give it some stick)

the cars done 80,000

if the engine gets dammaged a 2nd hand engine will be rare im guessing and a new on will be a few grand allso a guess

oil pressure should be good straight away.

i would look at getting a new oil pump, and have a compression test done, its possible that the LPG conversion is doing the damage...and a thorough check now could save money in the long run

Where is the oil pressure sender located on the IS200 engine?

I'm currently in the process of installing an oil pressure gauge and I dont know where to find the sender...

Thanks

oil pressure sensor is 3 inch left of the oil filter under the intake manafold

i have installed a filter today and oil. funny thing is when i blew in the center of the new filter there was a restriction (expected because it had to pass trough the filter elament

the one i took off there was no rerstriction as if the preasure relef valve had faild/ stuck open??

and the time it takes in the moring for the light is exataly the same as the time it took after i changed the filter

the compression is good and the lpg would not attect the oil /oil system.

will see what happens in the morning

Thanks.

Fatbillslim, did you put a T piece in for your sender? Was there enough room?

no it dont sound like the big end or mains and it had got good presure just slow build up

the oil and filter halve the time now jus a cuple of seconds

and there is not a lot of room near the oil preure switch t'ing will depend on how big the sender for your gauge is my eletronic sender is huge

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links