Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Now An Owner Of A Supercharger!

Kazi

Well, other than the cash changing hands Im now part of the S/C minority!

So................maybe what I was thinking...... :blush::whistling: was I thinking would anybody be willing to help me fit the thing?

Obviously refreshments and drinks provided! :D

It also needs to come from Berkshire way so maybe a group chain of transporting would help me loads to! If not, a courier will sort this out.

So, any offers? :P

there are certain people on here who have fitted more superchargers than anyone else in the entire world.

may be worth seeing if anyone is willing to help.

THats what im hoping for :P

As for being like a Meccano set..........i'll have to tak your word for it Nick The Greek!

Didn't think it'd take you too long, was it the ride in Aido's that swayed it for you too?

As Nick said it is basically plug and play, if your not decatting the manifold at the same time.

Just make sure you check all the wires before trying to start it :whistling:

Let us know when your gonna install it I might pop over if i've got my car.

Didn't think it'd take you too long, was it the ride in Aido's that swayed it for you too?

As Nick said it is basically plug and play, if your not decatting the manifold at the same time.

I presume it easier if on a four poster ramp? Also, Pip tells me that it should only run on Optimax so thats going to be a little bit of a pain as there is no Shell garage locally and no other garage that sells higher octance fuel, I don't think.

Im just waiting for Sipey to get back to me about delivery or picking up arrangements etc etc. It will most likely get installed one Sunday all being well.

As for the ride in Aido's........yes, I enjoyed that! :D

I presume it easier if on a four poster ramp? Also, Pip tells me that it should only run on Optimax so thats going to be a little bit of a pain as there is no Shell garage locally and no other garage that sells higher octance fuel, I don't think.

Im just waiting for Sipey to get back to me about delivery or picking up arrangements etc etc. It will most likely get installed one Sunday all being well.

Most of the work is done from the top mate, only really need to get underneath to remove the undertray and cut it up a bit.

I believe when TTE install the supercharger they put a sticker inside the filler cap saying 98 Ron only. I tend to use BP Ultimate.

Most of the work is done from the top mate, only really need to get underneath to remove the undertray and cut it up a bit.

I believe when TTE install the supercharger they put a sticker inside the filler cap saying 98 Ron only. I tend to use BP Ultimate.

To be honest, the thought of an 8 hour job is scaring me! Infact its very daunting! :lol: Glad you mentioned BP as there is a BP garage not far, just means I can kiss my Tesco clubcard points good by! :lol:

For curiosity sake, what happens if I install the S/C with half a tank of normal petrol then top up with 98 ron?

To be honest, the thought of an 8 hour job is scaring me! Infact its very daunting! :lol: Glad you mentioned BP as there is a BP garage not far, just means I can kiss my Tesco clubcard points good by! :lol:

For curiosity sake, what happens if I install the S/C with half a tank of normal petrol then top up with 98 ron?

can allways buy a bottle of octane booster, personally i wouldnt worry too much

Remember to change the plugs at the same time, Denso Iridium IK22 or similar.

Won't make any difference filling up with 97 or 98 RON fuel......you just get a tank of 96 or 96.5 :winky:

Stock ones no good then? Sounds like its going to cost me an arm and a leg at this rate :crybaby:

Lee, buying directly from the states you can save more than the GB. I think when i calculated the cost it was something like £38-39 for 6 Denso IK22's. I have an email address if you want. :winky:

That cheap, that including delivery? can you PM the addy.

Cheers mate.

reminds me, i need to get new plugs, i'm still running on standard ones.

As for fuel, use whatever you want. it doesnt matter.

I'm trying out different fuels at the moment.

So far have tested a tank full of esso super, bp ultimate, now i've just filled up with tesco 99. BP ultimate feels the best so far, it's smoother.

Agreed Nick, on the BP ultimate and bloomin thing is almost a £1.00 a litre here!!

Maybe a GB should be organised on a shed load of octane booster??

Everyones car runs better on higher RON. Better response, throttle and smoother.

I don't mind making the trip myself to other members convenience and obviously id not expect help for free. Ive had two quotes for installation which have both been the same price.

Needless to say it would be nice to save money on installation if I can do, if not I know my options are with getting it done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links