Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Now An Owner Of A Supercharger!

Kazi

I don't mind making the trip myself to other members convenience and obviously id not expect help for free. Ive had two quotes for installation which have both been the same price.

Needless to say it would be nice to save money on installation if I can do, if not I know my options are with getting it done.

I take it you've seen the instructions? It really isn't difficult you know.

Blot cradle to engine block.

Drill holes and fit supercharger.

Fit supercharger

Fit pipework

Solder ECU.

Really is that simple! :D

When are you picking it up?

And outta interest, what have you been quoted to fit it?

I don't mind making the trip myself to other members convenience and obviously id not expect help for free. Ive had two quotes for installation which have both been the same price.

Needless to say it would be nice to save money on installation if I can do, if not I know my options are with getting it done.

If you haven't got it in by the mini meet, take a look and see how easy it is.

I'll be making the final arrangements to pick it up end of this week but as I have a job interview next Monday it may not be till the follwoing Monday unless I take a days holiday.

Gords mate and ProLex have quoted me £400 for fitting.

Seen the instrucitons and does not look like a doddle! A doddle does not take 8 hours :lol:

Another thought im having with regards to fitting the Super charger, would I be better off getting the cam belt done before hand?

Cheers,

Kaz.

cambelt needs doing at 6 years/100k.

whats yours at now?

Just under 87k, Im just concerned that once the S/C is installed is it an easy enough job to get done at a later date or would it require more work than usual?

Another thought im having with regards to fitting the Super charger, would I be better off getting the cam belt done before hand?

Cheers,

Kaz.

whats yours at now?

Just under 87k, Im just concerned that once the S/C is installed is it an easy enough job to get done at a later date or would it require more work than usual?

I was lead to believe it made very little difference to the time taken to change the belt. At least I hope thats the case mines being done in a few months.

Cheers,

Kaz.

whats yours at now?

I was lead to believe it made very little difference to the time taken to change the belt. At least I hope thats the case mines being done in a few months.

Yes your right Lee :D very little difference at all :D

Thats good news then. I have managed to collar some help from a mates dad who is sh*t hot at anything mechanical. Gord those instructions you sent me, is the ECU diagram all you have to go on? Or does anybody else have any other pics?

Kazi, PM me your email address and i'll send you my instructions as well.

If they are the same as Gord's, then thats all there is!

If your mate is good mechanically, you'll have no problems!

I would invite you here to fit it, but alas, the facilities are poor where i'm living at the moment. :(

Thats good news then. I have managed to collar some help from a mates dad who is sh*t hot at anything mechanical. Gord those instructions you sent me, is the ECU diagram all you have to go on? Or does anybody else have any other pics?

Only 4 wires for ECU mate :D

The mechanic is nifty with a spanner and electronics for that matter. As he's doing it for nothing I want to make sure that he has everything he needs so its as painless as possible. Also means I can help on other small bits and pieces!

Thanks for all the help thus far peeps anyway. It is noted and appreciated. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links