Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I TURNED MY HEAT ON IN MY CAR ( 2000 GS300) THIS AFTERNOON AFTER PUTTING MY NEW RIMS ON, AND NOW I'M HEARING THIS LOUD WHINING NOISE OUT MY HEATER VENTS, i WAS WONDERING WAS THIS SOMETHING THAT MAYBE VERY COSTLY, OR MAYBE SDOMETHING I COULD FIX MYSELF :hehe:

I TURNED MY HEAT ON IN MY CAR ( 2000 GS300) THIS AFTERNOON AFTER PUTTING MY NEW RIMS ON, AND NOW I'M HEARING THIS LOUD WHINING NOISE OUT MY HEATER VENTS, i WAS WONDERING WAS THIS SOMETHING THAT MAYBE VERY COSTLY, OR MAYBE SDOMETHING I COULD FIX MYSELF :hehe:

You don't say if the whine increases with the wheels or the heater fan, but I had a fan problem like this some years ago on a Ford Granada.

It turned out to be a dead leaf stem that had found it's way into the heater. A right swine it was to remove too :angry:

Just a thought :blink:

IanB :D

You don't say if the whine increases with the wheels or the heater fan, but I had a fan problem like this some years ago on a Ford Granada.

It turned out to be a dead leaf stem that had found it's way into the heater. A right swine it was to remove too :angry:

Just a thought :blink:

IanB :D

Thanks for getting back at me. The noise increases as I turn the heat up higher, on low temp the noise is barely noticeable . The speed of my car makes no difference to the problem , but thanks again for responding Ian B

The heater fan is located in the passenger footwell, behind / below the glovebox.

I had this problem on my previous car (Rover 623 GSI) it was the heating fan motor, which was on its way out, second hand one sorted it. Surely it shouldnt be 'on its way' if your car is a 2000 model though. Previous idea of the leaf probably a more likely culprit.

Cheers

Jon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links