Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cadoxton Slate/dark Granite

come on guys...where are all these photos of your pride and joy.......im sure a few have bought this colour but noone seems to want to post some pics so i can get a flavour of how it looks in daylight. :blink:

come on guys...where are all these photos of your pride and joy.......im sure a few have bought this colour but noone seems to want to post some pics so i can get a flavour of how it looks in daylight. :blink:

Sorry, but you know what the weather's been like :tomato: As it's covered in salt and crud I may wash it today and take some piccies before the rain sets in later!

Really need some sunshine to show up that deep mica sparkle B)

Cheers Tango! :)

Managed to dodge the rain and shot some before the light went!

Yes jamboo ...i think it is but i was hopeing for a few life pics to show the metallic
A couple more...

Hope this works...my album on image cave:

http://usera.imagecave.com/TangoC/IS250Cadoxton/

Oh i forgot to say that you captured the metallic finish perfectly......thanks :D

No problem, but I will say it still looks better than the photos show as I couldn't capture the depth very well due to reflection B) Also still working on removing the swirls left by the original polishing from the dealership...should have requested a minimum preparation before I picked it up. In the US it's called 'Dark Granite Mica' which I believe is a better description of the finish than Cadoxton Slate. :tomato:

Also still working on removing the swirls left by the original polishing from the dealership...should have requested a minimum preparation before I picked it up. In the US it's called 'Dark Granite Mica' which I believe is a better description of the finish than Cadoxton Slate. :tomato:

Try some Zymol cleaner wax to get rid of the swirls.....works a treat on my black IS

Hope this works...my album on image cave:

http://usera.imagecave.com/TangoC/IS250Cadoxton/

Nice one mate - that colour does look good in the light...

she looks a babe!

Enjoy.... :blush:

PS - use Zymol, Carlack68 or whatever to get rid of the swirls, but make sure you use a sealant glaze straight away to "seal" in that polished finish (e.g. Klasse SG), followed by a good Carnuba (Carnauba) wax (e.g. P21s etc) - a couple of coats of wax over 24 hours to make it last....

Hows it going lads.

Well it finally stopped raining here on Friday. Once I got up, took a spin down to Halfords to pick up some car-care products. Got that Auto Glym stuff, everybody seems to recommend.

Got back to the house and got straight to work. The Auto Glym did a lovely job.

By the time I got it finished (took about 3 hours) the sun had gone in. I had planned to take a load of pics and post them for all to see. Decided to leave it until Saturday to take the pics, yet as always, you can't rely on the fecking wx!! It was pi**ing down here again yesterday.

Today is not so bad, but the car is now covered in all the sh**e the rain carried with it.

Tomorrow will go and rinse it off and THEN take the pics and post them!!

Hope it'll be worth it.

Matty

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links