Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Automatic Exterior Light Sensors & Warning Buzzer Not Working Corr

I have a 2001 Lexus IS200 SE and have two problems with the head lights as follows:

1) The warning buzzer that notifies when the lights are still on does not sound every now and then. This happened 3 times today yet again this morning when i first took out the car at 6am. However now the buzzer works. However i can gaurantee you that this will happen all over again tomorrow morning.

2) When the head lights are set to automatically switch on and off, the lights will switch on if it is dark. However once the car is switched off and the driver's door opened the lights are supposed to switch of automatically. This does not happen every now and then and happened this morning also 3 times this morning. However the lights are switching on and off automatically right now.

It seems that the buzzer and the automatic light sensor problem are linked together and seems to occur definately the first time the car is taken out and seems to disappear after the lights have been manually switched on and off a couple of times. I have only been able to reproduce this problem first thing in the morning or after not having drven the car for atleast 8 to 10 hours. Hence if the buzzer and light sensors work and you keep on trying to reproduce the problem you will not be able to detect it. The problem obviosuly happens after the car has not been driven for a while.

Has anybody else experienced this problem at all?

Hi, Had the very same problem on my 200SE, Found it to be the drivers door pin switch, This is situated just below the door catch on the drivers side pillar, Undo the philips head screw, Remove the switch with the cable attached, Remove the cable from the switch use a bit of masking tape to stop the cable dropping down the hole.. them clean the contact area of the switch where the screw goes through andwhere the wire fits on with a fibre pen or fine sand paper, Reaasemble and test, Mine was a bit tarnished and wasn't grounding out every time the door opened, so the interior light wouldnt come on, the auto lights would stay on and the buzzer didnt beep. took ten minutes to do, no further problems.. :D

thanks a lot for this. I tried this, however is my case i could not pull out the cable at all. Hence i take it that it is a very short cable that i have to work with?

I'll try it again this afternoon and see how i get on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links