Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Have Knock Sensors

Noel

Hi all,

In my quest to get an apexi power intake i came accross a site that recommended fitting one of these if you change to an Induction setup.......

Another gizmo

it needs your car to have knock sensors.... i'm fairly sure the RS200 has these sensors but better to ask than guess.......

Oh ......one more thing... WILL this device work with an Auto or Manual Altezza?,

thanks

somebody stop me......... :yahoo:

this modifying bug is getting crazy

Yup, it's got knock sensors.

As for the SAFC, I'm under the impression that it's pretty much a waste of time as the stock ECU will keep tuning it out.

If you want to go down that route set aside some serious cash and consider the Power FC - a full replacement ECU.

Can't get a power FC as i have an auto........ :crybaby:

thanks for the advice on the SAFC....although i think i've seen a few cars on the Altezza.org with these yokes fittted..... so nothing i can do... dammm

Can't get a power FC as i have an auto........ :crybaby:

thanks for the advice on the SAFC....although i think i've seen a few cars on the Altezza.org with these yokes fittted..... so nothing i can do... dammm

According to Brash Boy Japan, they have managed to adapt the Power FC to the AT ecu :blink:

Oh yeah, AT, forgot you were in one of those. Here's the specific page chisiang was referring to: Power FC, just in case you didn't find it yourself. :) Though I don't see any references specifically to the AT Altezza on this page?

I was keen on an SAFC at first too, until further reading raised the concern around the ECU tuning it out and having to reset it all the time to try and keep the benefits. There's some discussion on it in this thread (even though the topic title talks about something else).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links