Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Portable In Car Gps In Lexus?

I have the basic IS250 - no ML or Sat-Nav. Couldn't bring myself to part with the large amount they want for it. Also wanted a portable GPS to move between cars.

Has anyone used one in the base IS? Any problems with the windscreen bloking signal. I'm looking at a Garmin but don't really want the hassle of putting in an external receiver

I have the basic IS250 - no ML or Sat-Nav. Couldn't bring myself to part with the large amount they want for it. Also wanted a portable GPS to move between cars.

Has anyone used one in the base IS? Any problems with the windscreen bloking signal. I'm looking at a Garmin but don't really want the hassle of putting in an external receiver

Hi

Look at the TomTom new models just out :excl: They have a new chip set for picking up the satellites,

see the link below it takes you to a forum that answers all ;)

pocket world GPS

Also the speed camera database you get from this site is good. :)

2ddesign

I've got the IS250 without MM and I bought the Garmin Streetpilot for £140 from Asda. It works like a dream with a good colour screen and clear spoken instructions. For that price you can't go wrong.

I've got the IS250 without MM and I bought the Garmin Streetpilot for £140 from Asda. It works like a dream with a good colour screen and clear spoken instructions. For that price you can't go wrong.

I just read this post and went and bought one from Halfords, £139.99.

It seems very good value and does postcodes too, i'm chuffed as I couldn't convince myself I needed one for £350.

Thanks for the heads-up mate. :D

Thanks to all who replied. I've just ordered a very simple Garmin I3. Small and very simple to use so that hopefully my wife and I can use it without a pilot's licence!

Also thanks for the link to the GPS forum. Most helpful

PS- Car no longer stinks- the last "clean" fixed it

Tony

I just read this post and went and bought one from Halfords, £139.99.

It seems very good value and does postcodes too, i'm chuffed as I couldn't convince myself I needed one for £350.

Thanks for the heads-up mate. :D

...Raises eyebrow...Hmmm Yeah Here Here, Might just have to check that out !

Just to finish this thread and make it useful for a reference- a Garmin I3 works just fine in the IS 250. The heated screen causes no issues and an external GPS aerial is not needed. Just got back from a trip and it worked ok- once I told it to ignore dirt roads and take the fastest not the shortest route! (I ended up on a very questionable dirt road outback in NSW. Not a good road for a car as low as the Lexus)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links