Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shocks And Springs?

Ahhhh__Aristo

What are you guys running??

And what car where they listed for??

I've just seen some second hand springs and shocks on eBay (I won't be buying them) Listed for a soarer/gs300 but said came from a Supra??

Are they all interchangeable?? I wouldn't have thought so due to the different vehicle weights.

I'm not going coilovers, but was thinking of some custom springs as want to drop slightly more than 'off the shelf' items, and KYB shocks for GS300 fitment.

I'm looking to get Tein Superstreet coilovers complete with topmounts, which come in Aristo-specific fitment. Meant to be very good, not to hard but with good body control and very popular with the Supra crowd - not too pricey either.

Supra and GS300 suspension has different part numbers and different settings, and possibly different fitment, so no, I don't believe it's interchangeable.

ahhh, leave all the coilover talk out, I'm easily influenced lol

How much are the Teins?? around £800 I believe??

Height adjustability might be useful though-----damn, and damn again :D

"subliminal message to Rallure--------must remember to let ahhhh aristo know bout the exhaust............................."

LOL oh yea sorry mate, will do once ive been upto phoenix to see if this exhaust is ok to go with my single conversion or not, im sure this exhaust is too small to run about 600bhp like i will be,

Showoff... ;)

How much are the Teins?? around £800 I believe??

Nah, a good deal less I reckon - prices should be similar to the Supra and the right people can get you a kit for around the £600 mark to your door.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Tein do just the lower springs if your interested Ahhhh__Aristo drops the car by 1.5 inches.

Im looking at getting Tein coilovers.I think the shocks are way past there best on my car or id have gone for just the springs.

Question...Has anyone driven there car with the standard Aristo suspension then had Teins coilovers fitted sometime after...Im looking for feedback between the two..pros and cons....

Improved feel to the steering?

Better body control?

Less body roll well cornering?

etc etc.

Cheers chips..

Yeah cheers Chips, was aware of the Tein springs, think my shocks are past thier best aswell though. I'm hoping that's what the knocking is from the o/s/f

Think I'll probably go for the shock and spring combination as I think the coilovers will be a little harsh for me, ride wise.

Like to know who the right men are to get them for £600 to me door, care to elaborate Aristopheles?? might be just enough to persuade me :D

Nice to see the forum back up.

Just for reference....

I called my local Lexus dealers today to see how much replacement Springs and shocks were for my car so i could compare prices against coilovers etc..

For front and rear shocks and springs all round £1135.70 including the vat :o :crying: thats for just the parts..

chips..

• 2 months later...
What is the difference between shock and spring combination & coilovers as I am not sure what is on my car.

A coilover comprises an integrated spring and dampener, it is height adjustable and usually is fitted with an adjustable dampener to allow for hard or soft ride.

Dampeners/springs are two piece fittings and are not adjustable.

If your car is standard, you'll have dampenern & springs.

Mine definately looks adjustable as there is thread running from the bottom of the spring to about 4 inches below that, I can see three rings that look adjustable up / down. Not sure where the dampener adjuster is though is though, I had a car a few year ago which I had Spax fitted to which had adjustable dampener by means of a screw at the bottom of the shock. I would like to make the ride a but smoother as everytime I hit a bump the car bounces as it is such a rock hard ride.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links