Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Rs200 Altezza

Noel

Sorry dont sound to mean like a total noob but whats mr morse talkin about? What is RON and is it just a nick name for Unleaded 95? There is a good Shell down the road from me, ill check it out tommorrow and see are they still stocking V-Power

Sorry dont sound to mean like a total noob but whats mr morse talkin about? What is RON and is it just a nick name for Unleaded 95? There is a good Shell down the road from me, ill check it out tommorrow and see are they still stocking V-Power

I'm talking about mixing race juice....

RON = Reasearch Octane Number

Engines that breathe air work better with a higher grade fuel......WWII fighters were gassed with 150 RON juce

ok so where can i get this RON juice? and do u have to use it on a continuous basis or can yo u just stick it in 4 instant power boost. Dont really know much about different fuel types, Goin from a civic 1.4 to a RS200 so ill have to start researching more to get the most out of my baby!!

Not sure where sells it round you but over here shell still do optimax(about 98 RON) soon to be replaced by V-power, BP have a version 'ultimte' but not as good as optimax, also some supermarket chains sell super unleaded i.e sainsburys , tesco etc. If you can afford it its best to run purely on the best grade super unleaded you can for most Jap imports, i know i used optimax in my skyline and if i used anything else, decrease in power was noticeable, same with the Evo, using the higher grade petrol keeps the engine and Ecu sweet as well as preventing DET!!!!

Hi Noel that intake sounds great did you fit it yourself? If so what a big job or fairly straight-forward "bolt here", "insert A into pipe C" or more than that?

Do you have to get the ECU settings or anything like changed after you install the kit because of the more air coming into the engine?

Another quick question, what is that little aerial thing you have on your dash to the right of your steering wheel? i noticed it on your video clip

Hi Noel that intake sounds great did you fit it yourself? If so what a big job or fairly straight-forward "bolt here", "insert A into pipe C" or more than that?

Do you have to get the ECU settings or anything like changed after you install the kit because of the more air coming into the engine?

Another quick question, what is that little aerial thing you have on your dash to the right of your steering wheel? i noticed it on your video clip

Ya it' sounds good alright but might sound a little different if you have a manual?

Very easy to fit , half hour job....

Nah i didn't get anything adjusted engine wise as the MAF sensor should look after that.... To be totally honest the car was a little boggyer off the line but there is definitely more ooomph in 3rd... noise alone does it for me....

Aerial thingy is for the remote starter.... another prezzie from japan, came with the car..... I find it great on cold mornings , start the car from inside the house while having breakfast then when you go out 10 Min's later it's all nice and cosy and the engine has heated up too so all gears are available ( auto-box won't let you select 2nd if she's cold)...... :winky:

Ye mines a manual, i'm sure it wil sound very similar. I should have the car tommorrow just getting it registered. I was going to get the garage to NCT it but ill have to wait 3 weeks for a slot. No way i could wait that long! so ill just go and sit at one of the test centres and wait for a cancellation. No point in putting the filter on before the NCT.... one reason less for them too fail my baby!! :crybaby:

ill post up a clip too when i get mine installed. see if there is a difference!

On the same note on the Taka Kaira site it recommends that you purchase the Super AFC-2 when you but a filter but didn't know that sensor could handle teh difference in airflow. Cheers Noel

Hows things Dizz, i live in south Dublin area, not going to givin an exact dress for all those thievin bastards to come try and take my new baby!! Hows yours running? any problems since you got it? How much is she pushing out? any pics?

Haha, just meant general area lol. Ye South Dublin myself, should meet up when u get the new motor & give us a look... Just put up a few pics of my car here, still haven't had a chance to take some proper 1s tho...

Haven't had her rolling roaded yet, but think she'll be goin on on Sat week down in Enfield...

Hows things Dizz, i live in south Dublin area, not going to givin an exact dress for all those thievin bastards to come try and take my new baby!! Hows yours running? any problems since you got it? How much is she pushing out? any pics?

Haha, just meant general area lol. Ye South Dublin myself, should meet up when u get the new motor & give us a look... Just put up a few pics of my car here, still haven't had a chance to take some proper 1s tho...

Haven't had her rolling roaded yet, but think she'll be goin on on Sat week down in Enfield...

Ye wouldn't mind getting mine on the rolling road see whats she is pushing out before i do anything to it. Is Enfield the only place that has a rolling road?

would be interesting to see what the rwhp is on a standard RS200 is

we can get an average between the 2 :D

Kinda hoping its tuned more than standard, has a few extras i didnt expect so we will find out when i get her on the rolling road soon, will post the results up when i get them

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links