Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk1 300sport

dave1

i only get 9/10k out of rears.tried pirelli and uniroyal rainstorm1.had car 4 yrs now but any suggestion how to increase tyre wear.i dont race the car

thanks,all work done by lexus coventry,is set up right. is this normal wear? been using pirelli then uniroyal rainsport 1

thanks,all work done by lexus coventry,is set up right. is this normal wear? been using pirelli then uniroyal rainsport 1

I have had this problem in the past. On the standard width sport alloys I started off using Hankook Sport Ventus 102's inexpensive, good grip in wet but would only last about 5,000 miles due to fairly soft compound. Then tried the Ventus 104's and they were better, in fact they lasted twice as long.

I then got talked into trying some Dunlop Sport DSST 01's (runflat spec) had them on the rear for about a year and they wore beyond the wear marks before I noticed.

I then switched to the wider 10" rears and after having alignment checked by Dr Bones I have been running Dunlop SP 8080's which as far as I am aware are designed for use on BMW M3's and Z4's after 6 months or so I still have loads of tread and wear as far as I can see is fairly even. Quite frankly the best tyre I have used for years. They also keep the rear end on track so no more 'drifting' on roundabouts in the wet!!.

In a nutshell try some Dunlop SP8000's or the SP 8080's.

I have had this problem in the past. On the standard width sport alloys I started off using Hankook Sport Ventus 102's inexpensive, good grip in wet but would only last about 5,000 miles due to fairly soft compound. Then tried the Ventus 104's and they were better, in fact they lasted twice as long.

I then got talked into trying some Dunlop Sport DSST 01's (runflat spec) had them on the rear for about a year and they wore beyond the wear marks before I noticed.

I then switched to the wider 10" rears and after having alignment checked by Dr Bones I have been running Dunlop SP 8080's which as far as I am aware are designed for use on BMW M3's and Z4's after 6 months or so I still have loads of tread and wear as far as I can see is fairly even. Quite frankly the best tyre I have used for years. They also keep the rear end on track so no more 'drifting' on roundabouts in the wet!!.

thanks for the input , but i have standard 11" rears.275/35/18,quoted £628 for 2x275/35/18 and 2x 245/45/18 on Pirelli, is that too much??

I have had Pirelli P Zeros on mine for over 2 years and I was gettin a bit annoyed with the rate of wear.

Now I got some Goodyear F1 GSD on there now lets see how long they last!

thanks for the input , but i have standard 11" rears.275/35/18,quoted £628 for 2x275/35/18 and 2x 245/45/18 on Pirelli, is that too much??

Got my Dunlop SP 8080's for £250 for the pair - no questions asked if you know what I mean.

Got my Dunlop SP 8080's for £250 for the pair - no questions asked if you know what I mean.

can u get me any.......front and rears?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links