Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Decisions, Decisions

Used to think I was reasonably decisive but it took me 4 test drives to choose between 220d and 250. The reviews were a complete pain as I had waited several months for the diesel to be my first Lexus. I thought it was noisier (outside) than I expected and I was disappointed with the gearing ratios. But the car is gorgeous. So I drove the petrol and loved it. Solved all my problems and as my mileage is lowish there was little fuel cost implications. Cannot believe I have ordered a petrol model after all my waiting.

Then came the colour issue. Cadoxton or Brechin. 2 votes for each so I took the casting and went for Brechin. Inside 2 for black and 1 each for grey and beige. I ignored democracy and chose grey. Most of the problem is being unable to see the various combinations.

Now I must wait until September for delivery.

Lots of time to agonise over my spending spree.

Tell me I haven't made one mistake after another.

I think you've made the right choice with regard to engine, the 250 is really sweet and it seems there's not much in it fuel economy wise anyway

While I'd normally pick black for the interior, having seen a grey one, that would now be my choice. Its a bit lighter than greys normally used in car interiors, and I really like it :)

Not sure about the exterior colour, is that the light blue?

Welcome, and a good choice all round. Brechin will be easy to keep clean and really looks the part (it was my second choice).

All of the interior coulours look spot on, and with Brechin that Grey leather will look totally unoffensive and be compliemented by the black dash. It's a good combo.

I reckon the Petrol unit is actually the one to go for unless you do alot of miles, but I would strongly recommend the Auto. Unless you really don't like 'em, it's more economical than the petrol, and it is super smooth (smoothest this side of an S class merc IMHO). At £1000 it's bargain!!

As Maneesh says, "Chillax" and may your wait feel a short one...

Fuel economy wise you'll be shy of 10mpg with the petrol over the oiler...

Just had a phone call from my dealer to say my car arrived on a transporter 1/2 hour ago. I too went for grey after much deliberation. I had originally ordered beige but the thought of the trying to keep the carpets clean ( I did think of asking everyone to wear slippers ) for me was the deciding factor.

Whatever you do decide, please please please listen to me and DO NOT order St Lucia Pearl :excl::excl:

And grey Interior ??? - *** you are joking aren't you :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

get a yellow one! :D

they dont do a yellow one :-(

Whatever you do decide, please please please listen to me and DO NOT order St Lucia Pearl :excl::excl:

And grey Interior ??? - *** you are joking aren't you :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

get a yellow one! :D

they dont do a yellow one :-(

:lol: I take it you went for Black interior?

Nope....Sussex ( grey to you and me) I was merely being sarcastic in the hope that my lovely St Lucia pearl with grey interior remains rare :D

PS When you gonna put your hand in pocket and stump up for Gold membership Jamboo......with all the postings you do you should be on the b****y staff :-)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links