Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm / Unlocking Problem

OK heres the story :

Last night got home from work, dashed in to the house as the wife had an appointment.

At about 21:30 when the wife returned I realised that I hadnt folded the mirrors so I went out, to find that non of the key buttons worked.

Right, flat Battery, so went a got the spares (both other sets) and still nothing.

Put the key in the lock and WHAM alarm.

Puzzled came into the house and tried the trusted fountain of knowledge (the LOC forum) only be suprised by the amount of other people who had suffered the same problem.

A few of the treads stated that it just put itself right, and others suggested jumping in starting the car and hoping the alarm reset itself after 10 secs.

So this morning 6:30 went out and still nothing on any of the keys.

So much to the neigbours delight jumped in and luckily 10 or so seconds later (felt like a lot longer) the alarm stopped screaming and I set off to work.

I got to work with the intension of calling the dealers when they got to work, but low and behold the car locked and openned and relocked etc without a problem !!!!!

Right eventually (I hear you say) is the question to any of you guys and gals who have had a similar experience , can I expect this to be a one off or once it's happened does it continue to happen and is there an underlying problem which needs fixing ?

radio wave interference - quite normal and discussed 100's of times on here so no need to worry about it, it just happens sometimes.

Surely though this wouldn't last all night ?

all depends is whatever was blocking the signal was on all night doesnt it? can be many many things ranging from underground electric cables, microwaves, radio/tv transmitters, mobile phone masts, radar installations, etc etc etc

radio wave interference - quite normal and discussed 100's of times on here so no need to worry about it, it just happens sometimes.

Surely though this wouldn't last all night ?

all depends is whatever was blocking the signal was on all night doesnt it? can be many many things ranging from underground electric cables, microwaves, radio/tv transmitters, mobile phone masts, radar installations, etc etc etc

OK thanks

Yep, exact same thing happened to me a few months back. All keys stopped working in the evening and mysteriously started working the next day.

Lexus assured me there was nothing wrong. A bit worrying though that they should be prone to interference - my old Focus never suffered from this problem!

Yep, exact same thing happened to me a few months back. All keys stopped working in the evening and mysteriously started working the next day.

Lexus assured me there was nothing wrong. A bit worrying though that they should be prone to interference - my old Focus never suffered from this problem!

I agree, its not something I have ever suffered from Honda, Peugeot,Ford or Citreon.

Most worrying thing for me is that it works OK at work, but I have just nipped home and it's still causing me problems at home !!!!

I agree, its not something I have ever suffered from Honda, Peugeot,Ford or Citreon.

Most worrying thing for me is that it works OK at work, but I have just nipped home and it's still causing me problems at home !!!!

Sounds like you've got some major radio interference in your area. Is there any work going on around where you live, ie: installation of new phone masts etc?

Sounds like you've got some major radio interference in your area. Is there any work going on around where you live, ie: installation of new phone masts etc?

Not that i'm aware of !

Any idea who I should contact ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links