Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo - Supercharge - Na

altezzawill

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that looks a pretty gud kit but i'll prob go hks

is that an oil line runnin so close to the manifold or is it a waste gate screamer?

i would guess its a water line !

definetly not a screamer :lol:

ive checked with the insurance and it wont change if i put on a turbo or supercharger! its only 700 euros a year any way

my main mission is to beat the 2 mins mark around mondello!

my friemds integra r can do it in 2.06 and my other friends civic r goes round in 2.08

when u drop in a low compression stroker kit how do you know what big end bareings will fit?

do kits come them?

I'm by no means experienced in these matters, however my limited experience tells me your approach is all wrong! If your looking for quicker lap times, you need to focus on these three key aeas:

1/ Your driving ability - no matter how good you are, this can ALWAYS be improved, and this is the one thing that will have the largest effect on your lap times

2/ Your tires - spend the money on decent semi slicks, RE055's for example

3/ The weight of your car. Strip it out as much as possible.

First thing i would do is go to an Advanced Drivers Course or three at Mondello, get an expert in your car and see what they can do with it around Mondello. This will give you something to aim for!

Just looking at the Mondello website, the track does appear to have a few long straightaways. However, cornering skill/ability, braking ability, and acceleration out of corners are all cruicial to good lap times, and none of these things will eb improved by a turbo or supercharger.

Assuming you are at the limit of your cars ability in it's current trim, and assuming budget is not an issue, then a full TRD house NA motor would be my weapon of choice, however not knowing what Mondello is like, perhaps a good supercharged setup might be just as quick? *shrugs*

If you just want power, turbo is the answer. A well engineered turbo setup can also give the balance of a supercharger setup with less weight penalty. The few turbo setups i have driven were somewhat laggy, hence i favour supercharger, but if your just building a track car, NA all the way IMHO!

ive checked with the insurance and it wont change if i put on a turbo or supercharger! its only 700 euros a year any way

my main mission is to beat the 2 mins mark around mondello!

my friemds integra r can do it in 2.06 and my other friends civic r goes round in 2.08

when u drop in a low compression stroker kit how do you know what big end bareings will fit?

do kits come them?

I'm by no means experienced in these matters, however my limited experience tells me your approach is all wrong! If your looking for quicker lap times, you need to focus on these three key aeas:

1/ Your driving ability - no matter how good you are, this can ALWAYS be improved, and this is the one thing that will have the largest effect on your lap times

2/ Your tires - spend the money on decent semi slicks, RE055's for example

3/ The weight of your car. Strip it out as much as possible.

First thing i would do is go to an Advanced Drivers Course or three at Mondello, get an expert in your car and see what they can do with it around Mondello. This will give you something to aim for!

Just looking at the Mondello website, the track does appear to have a few long straightaways. However, cornering skill/ability, braking ability, and acceleration out of corners are all cruicial to good lap times, and none of these things will eb improved by a turbo or supercharger.

Assuming you are at the limit of your cars ability in it's current trim, and assuming budget is not an issue, then a full TRD house NA motor would be my weapon of choice, however not knowing what Mondello is like, perhaps a good supercharged setup might be just as quick? *shrugs*

If you just want power, turbo is the answer. A well engineered turbo setup can also give the balance of a supercharger setup with less weight penalty. The few turbo setups i have driven were somewhat laggy, hence i favour supercharger, but if your just building a track car, NA all the way IMHO!

im not just building a track car! i want a road car dat will be radid on the track an pretty gud to drag 2

Then your playing a game of compromises - which area do you want the car to be best in? Otherwise, you have a jack of all trades and master of none! Still, comes back to rule number 1 - learn to drive your car faster on its own first. No compromises at all this way!

The recent of episode of Top Gear with Jackie Stewart teaching James May how to pilot a TVR around a track is a perfect example. Jackie puts a 1:59 down in the TVR. James May puts down a 2:26. Then, in a day, Stewart teaches May how to drive quicker, correct throttle control, apexing, braking. May's time drops by TWENTY SECONDS. It's not like May isn't a good driver already. Just shows how much of an impact skill has on ones driving.

Apologies for the soap box, just a bit of a pet topic of mine - too many people, particularly those into modifying, place to much importance on modifying their car to make it go quicker, rather than modifying the driver first!

Then your playing a game of compromises - which area do you want the car to be best in? Otherwise, you have a jack of all trades and master of none! Still, comes back to rule number 1 - learn to drive your car faster on its own first. No compromises at all this way!

The recent of episode of Top Gear with Jackie Stewart teaching James May how to pilot a TVR around a track is a perfect example. Jackie puts a 1:59 down in the TVR. James May puts down a 1:26. Then, in a day, Stewart teaches May how to drive quicker, correct throttle control, apexing, braking. May's time drops by TWENTY SECONDS. It's not like May isn't a good driver already. Just shows how much of an impact skill has on ones driving.

Apologies for the soap box, just a bit of a pet topic of mine - too many people, particularly those into modifying, place to much importance on modifying their car to make it go quicker, rather than modifying the driver first!

no i have to disagree wit what u say May wasn't a good driver none of the top gear presenters are!

i dont mean to sound big headed but have a driving skill problem and im not just modifying for the sake of it i really feel my car could do wit sus to handle better and more power to pull out of corners faster!

The recent of episode of Top Gear with Jackie Stewart teaching James May how to pilot a TVR around a track is a perfect example. Jackie puts a 1:59 down in the TVR. James May puts down a 1:26. Then, in a day, Stewart teaches May how to drive quicker, correct throttle control, apexing, braking. May's time drops by TWENTY SECONDS. It's not like May isn't a good driver already. Just shows how much of an impact skill has on ones driving.

Should the bold bits be the otherway around? :unsure:

I agree somewhat with what your saying, but everytime i add a mod, i find a new limit with that new addition. i.e. brakes, or suspension related... Same would apply to power mods, you will know the limit etc... However! applying them all in the correct manner will come with practice, or track days.

I've never done a track day, yeh bloody shame un'all, but all those i know who have highly recommended it, you learn so much about your car and your abilitys as a driver.

However, there are those who like the sensation of planting the throttle and being launched into warp speed!

300hp+ in a SXE10 chassis is probably going to play divident on your suspension parts... everything will need a second thought.. Or you could just get bullish and end up in the ditch DOH!

Who cares though, its your car, your money do what ever floats your boat :D

300hp+ in a SXE10 chassis is probably going to play divident on your suspension parts... everything will need a second thought.. Or you could just get bullish and end up in the ditch DOH!

so what would you recommend doing

Apart from the normal things like coilovers, ARBs, chassis braces.. is something like boxed in rear control arms

mini-DSC01974.jpg

mini-DSC01980.jpg

With alot of power you have to be concerned about flex!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links