Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220, 250, 350

Although the other problem, is the lack of a proper sport model (a la BMW) that's available with leather seats and auto box, etc, they're shooting themselves in the foot with their crazy pricing - if there's one current flaw with Lexus, it is definitely their marketing department in the UK, they really don't have a clue :angry:

Agreed, but I actually think the IS is good value (did you mean that?), especially when you compare to a GS300...though the GS makes a better 2nd hand bet (it drops like a stone - you can get 300SE-L for under £28k and less than a year old/10K...)

If the 300 was manual i would have looked into buying one. It would be a better way to go then putting an SC in the 200 (especially insurance wise)

They wont bring in the 350 because there isnt anywhere to put it unless they take the price of the 250 down then put the 350 price between that and the GS.

Lexus will not market the IS350 in europe because the market isnt there

they released the IS300 mk1 and sales were poor

funny how everyone says "i want an IS350 " yet drive the IS200 , when the 300 was available

the 300 roughly cost a third more than the 200, so the equivalent 350 would cost around £38000 now who still wants one ?

the reason why they are releasing a 300 in china is because there is a demand there for it , a lot to do with taxes, affordibilty and something about how the numbers 250 are not liked in china !

:)

The 250 is selling very well in the USA, including the AWD. Peeps buying the 250 are doing so for one or all of the following:

- It's cheaper to purchase

- It's cheaper to run ($3 a gallon has made quite an impact)

- The performance is adequate

I don't see it as being any different 'over here', but there are always people who like the extra performance and I'm one of them. Having driven the 350 I would have definitely purchased one here if it had been available and I still don't understand why Lexus cannot satisfy such a demand, however limited, after all BMW manage it with the M series.

It would be interesting to know the plans for the IS500 if it ever gets to the marketplace :whistling:

I think Lexus are very unfair. They limit everything in the UK - :huh:

Nanny features

Limited engines - 1 Toyota Diesel and 1 V6

No 4WD

Take it or leave spec choices, very few options

It's actually a half hearted attempt at selling this car here, that's how I see it. And we pay through the nose for it!!

A shame...

All of the opposition seem to offer a much better choice. No wonder people buy BMW's :unsure: even though we know the Lex is better!

Just rung Lexus here in Hong Kong. They haven't heard of the IS300 over here. The IS250 is only available at the moment, but by next year the IS350 will be available.

The IS300 must be for Greater China...wonder why... hmm... Nevermind! I'd rather the 350! Price wise, they have said it is around 40,000 quid. Tax over here is a killer!

The IS300 didn't sell in the UK due to no manual being available. Lexus GB do not know their market, or perhaps, where they wish to position themselves. Lexus have peerless build quality - but do they wish to be a prestige sport brand (BMW, Audi, MB all have close motorsport tie-ins) or take the executive barge market?

The very limited engine choice on the 2nd gen IS in the UK is baffling and disappointing, quite why the prestige arm of the largest, most successful car manufacturer in the world won't sanction a risk or two is beyond me, maybe Lexus GB didn't ask. I'm sure they are losing sales - but hey, Lexus GB will point to a 44% increase in overall sales and say they're doing the job.

Hate to use the example of BMW, but here goes. For the new 3 series coupe (e92), in Sept/ Oct there will be a choice of 5 engines (3 petrol/ 2 diesel). Now BMW have developed a new 3 litre engine which maxes out at 272bhp in the new coupe. They also have a flagship model, the 335i, (before the new M3) based on a 3 litre engine which chucks out 300+ bhp, but the clever bit is that this is the old 3 litre used on the e46 models with 2 turbos grafted on. Point is, they are using up their parts bin.

Lexus have the engines in the locker, unfortunately they are not available to the customers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links