Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ok got fed up this afternoon and was reading through about the fog to brake mod so i had a bash at the GS and i have a set of extra brake light too now.

For any mk1 GS owners who want to do it the instructions are the same as the ones for the IS but the wires you need are under the boot lid cover.

Remove the boot lid cover then open up the conduit on the right hand side locate the plain red wires (note there are 2 sets of red wires you want the ones without the stripes running down).

Chop the two wires and twist the ends together at the top and the bottom, crimp or solder the diodes in as per the IS guide and voila, you have fog/brake lights

just another quickie for the Mk1 GS300 owners. ~Rather than remove the rear cluster to get at the brake live wire if yo look behind the plastic cover that runs across the boot there is the connection to the rear clusters from the main wiring. On the connection there is a red wire with a white line down it, connect to this to give the second live to the diodes

You'll have to wait for pics i can't find my camera and the phone one is no good for this kind of thing

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links