Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's Best Place To Connect Boost Guage To In V300?

aido

OK folks got myself a set of Defi guages yesterday, they haven't come with any instructions though!

Anyways, just wondered what you guys had used to tap into for the vacuum line?

They didn't come with a T-piece - is that needed as I think we needed one for Zee's car when we were doing something like this, and if it is needed any ideas where you can get them from?

I'm about to have a scour on the net but thought I'd ask you guys first.

Also where's best to channel the wires through to the engine bay?

I've got the Control Unit II, Boost Guage, Oil Temp and Water Temp guages, not sure what to do as I only really need the Boost Guage tbh, and the wires for the oil and water temps seem to want to plug into something somewhere so need to read the instructions and see what that's about!

Have any of you guys got the Defi unit and if so where did you mount it?

I've looked around the car and the cubbyhole in the glovebox would seem the best bet but I don't think the cable is long enough to reach from the last gauge to the control unit.

Might pop into the local tuning garage tomorrow and see what they say!

Thanks in advance

Do you lose the vents with that one Dave?

I actually got an A pillar as well as the pods, seems like it will screw right into the existing A pillar and is actually a pretty good fit to be honest on the Aristo, might check out hte part number first though to see how much they are new before I go making holes in it :D

OK folks got myself a set of Defi guages yesterday, they haven't come with any instructions though!

Anyways, just wondered what you guys had used to tap into for the vacuum line?

They didn't come with a T-piece - is that needed as I think we needed one for Zee's car when we were doing something like this, and if it is needed any ideas where you can get them from?

I'm about to have a scour on the net but thought I'd ask you guys first.

Also where's best to channel the wires through to the engine bay?

I've got the Control Unit II, Boost Guage, Oil Temp and Water Temp guages, not sure what to do as I only really need the Boost Guage tbh, and the wires for the oil and water temps seem to want to plug into something somewhere so need to read the instructions and see what that's about!

Have any of you guys got the Defi unit and if so where did you mount it?

I've looked around the car and the cubbyhole in the glovebox would seem the best bet but I don't think the cable is long enough to reach from the last gauge to the control unit.

Might pop into the local tuning garage tomorrow and see what they say!

Thanks in advance

Aido, what you doing weds ? come over to steve's, i have T bit you wanting :D and there will be 2 BMW's for you to play with :lol: one has same bhp as your car :o

I don't think mounting the kit in the glovebox is practical - unless you want to drive with the cover down and you lean across the passenger seat to see the guages!!

I've removed the whole ashtray/lighter (just pulls out) and mounting mine in there (I'm just making a bespoke mounting plate to fit). It doesn't effect the air vents or effect the eye-line like some pillar mounts. Being in the middle it's easy to see and easy to route the cables/pipes to the engine bay.

Ah thanks mate, was having a go at removing the ashtray yesterday but didn't seem like it wanted to give way - will have another go in a bit :)

It was just the Control Unit I was looking to mount in the glovebox mate, I've got an A Pillar mount for the dials, well two of them anyway so they'll probably be going on there to be honest :)

@ Gord, hopefully see you Wednesday mate :D

To remove the ashtray, pull down the front flap. Then grip the inside of the ashtray/lighter highish up on the left and right and pull straight forward. The whole lot should clip out of it's spring lugs. You will then be able to undo the plug & socket feed to the lighter - which I've used to power the instuments through an in-line fuse.

That's fantastic stuff thanks mate, sounds a good plan, I don't smoke anyway so the cigarette lighter is a bit useless to me, and seeing as these cars also have another one in the glovebox theres not really much need for one :)

Can't wait to get the gauges fitted to see what I'm running at!

Don't foget to keep looking at the road as well as the gizmo's!! :blink:

I did try an instrument pillar mount on my FTO and found that it either blocked some of your vision, it was too near to focus your eyes quickly from looking at the road ahead, or it seemed to invaid my personal space. Maybe it's just because I wear glasses, but I couldn't live with it and changed it all to a dash-board mount!! Also as a non-smoker the ashtray seems an ideal spot for the Aristo - which is also slightly out of view from those that might otherwise peer in your parked car and gleen you have a power machine worth pinching. :angry:

Don't foget to keep looking at the road as well as the gizmo's!! :blink:

I did try an instrument pillar mount on my FTO and found that it either blocked some of your vision, it was too near to focus your eyes quickly from looking at the road ahead, or it seemed to invaid my personal space. Maybe it's just because I wear glasses, but I couldn't live with it and changed it all to a dash-board mount!! Also as a non-smoker the ashtray seems an ideal spot for the Aristo - which is also slightly out of view from those that might otherwise peer in your parked car and gleen you have a power machine worth pinching. :angry:

That's a very good point but also a shame when you think that this is what the world has come to nowadays!

I'm still tempted to rip the tints off mine at the front and get darker ones on, I've noticed a lot of cars now seem to have very dark tints on, and the police seem to be only concentrating on the chav contingent from what I've personally seen.

As for the location I wear glasses too fella but we do seem to have a lot more room available in the Aristo, saying that I do sit all the way back so that helps, hopefully will give these a whirl soon and see how they look :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links