Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

Has anyone had a problem with the interior sun roof flap (cover thing) If i open it all the way it will slide forward when I break, and if i shut it all the way it will slide open a bit when accelerating. this is rather annoying as it tends to rattle unless its fully closed or open, and in such a quiet car it's really starting to grind my gears!!! :tsktsk:

Any help or tips greatly appreciated

a flap that rattles......i'd pay to see that :winky: :lol::lol:

seriously though, have you thought about wedging something small in there to stop it moving. i know its only a temporary measure but would certainly work!! maybe half of a clothes peg or summit :yawn: ;)

Sounds like the motor maybe bad. Does it make weird noises as you open the sunroof. If it does than for sure is bad. you can try to adjust the aligment to see if maybe it will get in place. you will need to get to the motor wich is located in the front right where the map light is removee all that and you will see the motor and ones you do make sure to close it all the way and you will see a marking dot (point Mark). if you remove it must be at the point mark or else you will be in trouble cause the sunroof will not operate properlly. Ones remove inspect the motor. but before you will deside to do it yourselve make sure to inspect the mechanical parts of the sunroof first. It may be a hard work if you don`t know what you are doing.

mate

this is a well known problem with the series 2 GS. it's been discussed in length on clublexus. some members have tried to implement home made fixes using foam etc.

however, the easiest way of removing the rattle is to move the sunroof cover to approximately half way. Don't know why, but it removes the rattle at that position.

I know, bloody annoying when the rest of the car is that quiet. passengers constantly query my behaviour as I'm seen adjusting the sunroof cover back to halfway!!

Oh its not the motor!! its not even the sun roof its the cover that slides on the inside the plastic door thing.

I have thought about wedging something in the runners. Might try to nip the runner together a bit in the hope that it would grip it. Is there supposed to be something in the ends of the runner to grip the flap?

I solved my rattle by nipping in the runner at both sides as seen in this pic

post-1544-1161191372.jpg

I just used some pliers to gently squeeze in the runner and now it grips the flap and stops it sliding open :)

(ignore the dirt)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links