Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Automatic

Lets get the apology out the way first.

Sorry auto owners - sorry.

Given an auto IS200 tonight as a courtesy car while mean gets the 20k treatment.

Have driven auto IS200 and IS300s before - but only during the day.

Drove this one tonight, with the lights on.

And I'm afraid I thought ew.

Mine is manual and everything is amber - only the TRAC / SNOW are a different colour, which is fair enough, a visual warning they are turned off / on.

The auto, with cruise control, has mostly orange dials.

The gear indicator is in a light shade of green.

The cruise indicator is a darker greeen.

EW - really don't like it.

Apology again - sorry auto owners.

not the end of the world of course - its the same 'car' as mine - just the lights really put me off

I know what you mean Matt, when I had one overnight I did think it looked a little naff.

Having said that in the past I'd only ever driven one during the day to/from work whilst mine was being serviced and I have to say I wasn't impressed with it, but having it over night and covering more miles the auto really grew on me.

I have to admit, I've only had manual ISes during the day - so have never noticed the difference.

- The gear indicator on the IS300 is amber (that row of LEDs has been swapped for an LCD display, with a couple of amber indicators for reverse and manual mode)

- The cruise light on my new car is green, but dims when the lights come on. FINALLY. The cruise light on my old car (a 99 IS200) was dayglo green, and made using cruise at night very painful.

- The rather tacky "ECT PWR" light is a bit grim and, although it dims when the lights come on too, it is a bit of a pain. Obviously somewhat lacking in a manual ;)

What's the behaviour in a manual then?

As fun as couple of manual courtesy cars were, I wouldn't be without an auto. The e-shift thing is okay, and does give you a bit more control, but most of the time... I don't need it. I can't say I miss the fun of the M25 1st....clutch....2nd....clutch.....brake....1st... fun :blink:

As fun as couple of manual courtesy cars were, I wouldn't be without an auto. The e-shift thing is okay, and does give you a bit more control, but most of the time... I don't need it. I can't say I miss the fun of the M25 1st....clutch....2nd....clutch.....brake....1st... fun :blink:

I know what you mean, thats why I've gone for an auto this time, so far I've got no regrets.

As fun as couple of manual courtesy cars were, I wouldn't be without an auto. The e-shift thing is okay, and does give you a bit more control, but most of the time... I don't need it. I can't say I miss the fun of the M25 1st....clutch....2nd....clutch.....brake....1st... fun  :blink:

I know what you mean, thats why I've gone for an auto this time, so far I've got no regrets.

autos are really growing on me.

still prefer manual, but these autos are defintely growing on me.

I would have to say that when I had a auto courtesty car I didn't like it much. I think the standard IS200 is somewhat lacking in the va-va-voom department (what's the french for that anyone?!) anyway and the auto felt really sluggish. I suppose I might be a bit biased as mine is the SE manual and this was an S auto so I was missing the creature comforts a bit. But, it was better than the Corolla that Bristos in Ipswich usually give me!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links